• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East Asian Music Community

Guilty_AI

Was this one posted too?
Its really getting hard to keep track of everything. A lot of the songs i don't remember if i first listened here and then the algorithm poped it up in my playlists later or it simply already realized i'm a weeb.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

How can you have an East Asian music thread without the biggest female (nobody in this thread seems to care about male) groups of Japan, the ones able to fill stadiums? :goog_unsure: Here, have some BABYMETAL, AKB48, Momoiro Clover Z, SKE48 (well, technically Matsui Rena's solo, my kamioshi or favorite member on her graduation day), HKT48 and Keyakizaka46 (RIP) (I'm not really into Nogizaka46 even though they are even bigger than all but AKB48).

I'm into idols because I loved the connection between fans and idols, the wota chants, the light sticks, the energy that flows through your body when listening to their songs. I spent almost 15 years attending metal concerts and when my ears told me to stop idols were the only source I found for similar stamina bursts. PVs are fine, but when you watch a live concert it's another level. Lately I've been into Dempagumi Inc:

Don't want to make this post too long, so honorific mentions to Amuro Namie (couldn't find a single stadium video at YouTube, the very first j-pop song in Japanese I ever heard was very likely CAN YOU CELEBRATE?), Do As Infinity and Every Little Things (the very first groups whose songs I downloaded via Napster and eDonkey).

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

How can you have an East Asian music thread without the biggest female (nobody in this thread seems to care about male) groups of Japan, the ones able to fill stadiums? :goog_unsure: Here, have some BABYMETAL, AKB48, Momoiro Clover Z, SKE48 (well, technically Matsui Rena's solo, my kamioshi or favorite member on her graduation day), HKT48 and Keyakizaka46 (RIP) (I'm not really into Nogizaka46 even though they are even bigger than all but AKB48).

I'm into idols because I loved the connection between fans and idols, the wota chants, the light sticks, the energy that flows through your body when listening to their songs. I spent almost 15 years attending metal concerts and when my ears told me to stop idols were the only source I found for similar stamina bursts. PVs are fine, but when you watch a live concert it's another level. Lately I've been into Dempagumi Inc:

Don't want to make this post too long, so honorific mentions to Amuro Namie (couldn't find a single stadium video at YouTube, the very first j-pop song in Japanese I ever heard was very likely CAN YOU CELEBRATE?), Do As Infinity and Every Little Things (the very first groups whose songs I downloaded via Napster and eDonkey).

don't judge me, i'm here mostly for touhou wifes

ReyBrujo

don't judge me, i'm here mostly for touhou wifes
They are more than AKB48 members :messenger_grinning_squinting: I only know the ones of Imperishable Night (and mostly Stage 4 only).

By the way, lately I've been into street pianists, mostly Harami (who won the latest pianists TEPPEN). Leaving here two different versions of the Evangelion theme because, well, it's the opening (and yes, there's a clickbait but I don't make the thumbnails :lollipop_hushed:).

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I am not much into AKB48 and Babymetal stuffs, but I like listening to Mayu Watanabe who is ex-AKB48.

Top Bottom