• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Halo Infinite Campaign Previews dropping

Translation, what have you been watching... :p

Every last thing you just said is answered and the majority have been saying great things about all of the things you brought u p. But just look at some of these videos. You can watch both of these and STILL think this game being on Xbox One has really held it back? Are you seeing the complexity of some of these environments and spaces, the number of enemies? The way you can traverse the environment? I've heard a lot about game design being held back by last gen, but this Halo game has drastically improved gameplay design over any past Halo game, and 343 are doing it WHILE supporting Xbox One, so I don't get it lol.

How the story beats are being handled, all of which still can't be fully shown yet. As far as Escharum being the generic tough talker, what else is he going to be? From my reading he appears to be just that, but then a little more than that. He actually sounds as if he might legitimately respect Master Chief, as do some of the other higher level Banished top dogs, and it's only the more ignorant ones who don't recognize the significance of who he is, and why he's not to be underestimated.

I guess I should be clear in that I am excited for the single player release. Been enjoying the multiplayer so far.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, yes, Xbox One is holding it back. Design decisions such as geometry, environmental detail, A.I., enemy counts, destruction etc... All that is being dictated by the foundational hardware that is Xbox One. Slow HDD, limited RAM, weak CPU and GPU.

With that said, it still looks and plays fantastic on my Series X. I just wonder what could have been if built from the ground up on S/X. Microsoft seems to have done a fantastic job scaling the many versions though. If they continue down the open world path for Halo, I'm expecting big leaps once they drop previous gen.

anthony2690

Banned
Halo Infinite Campaign 10/10, easily one of the best games I've ever played imo, loved every moment and didn't want it to end :(

Pros:
Gameplay
Story
Exploration
Characters
World
OST

Cons:
It isn't infinite (it ended) :(

anthony2690

Banned
Isn't is supposed to be more of a service where they keep adding things to it for a while or am I not informed...
Yes, but that requires waiting still :)
I think the game expansion name/update or whatever it will be, has already had its name trade marked too.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Halo Infinite Campaign 10/10, easily one of the best games I've ever played imo, loved every moment and didn't want it to end :(

Pros:
Gameplay
Story
Exploration
Characters
World
OST

Cons:
It isn't infinite (it ended) :(

Could be infinite if you play multiplayer........or if you play through only using one gun the whole time.........on every gun, then on easy, then on hard, then heroic, then beat it never shooting a grunt, then without any vehicles, then with vehicles and only 2 guns, ok not quite infinite but close.........

Top Bottom