• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Halo Infinite Campaign Previews dropping

Umbasaborne

Banned
6 month delay for campagin co-op, they can fuck right off with that. They had an entire extra year, and they need another 6 fucking months to implement co-op? Im not putting another dime into this game until co-op is out. Jesus christ a whole fucking year and its still launching incomplete.

edit: the game looks good, mp is fun as fuck. But im not going to reward them for launching an incomplete game. More and more companies are getting away with this, and its fucking garbage. Especially after an entire extra fucking year

Last edited:

Kazza

Wait?
Positive previews even from not "shills"........
The Bans page and all those alt account:
JLCnTOb.gif

That's hilarious, but those war scenes need to be replaced with highly triggering clips of FH5, Halo Infinite and Flight Simulator :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
6 month delay for campagin co-op, they can fuck right off with that. They had an entire extra year, and they need another 6 fucking months to implement co-op? Im not putting another dime into this game until co-op is out. Jesus christ a whole fucking year and its still launching incomplete
You do know how milestones work right?
If A -> B -> C -> D -> E then when B takes longer than expected C, D and E also get delayed.
When working sequentially you cant do step further down the line without having completed steps prior.

Would you rather they release the game with Coop in Season 2 or they release the game this holiday season and put Season 2 with Coop.
If youd rather they had delayed the game till Season 2....guess what you are in luck......dont buy the game till season 2, and in your own reality thats the release date.

Umbasaborne

Banned
If A -> B -> C -> D -> E then when B takes longer than expected C, D and E also get delayed.
When working sequentially you cant do step further down the line without having completed steps prior.

Would you rather they release the game with Coop in Season 2 or they release the game this holiday season and put Season 2 with Coop.
If youd rather they had delayed the game till Season 2....guess what you are in luck......dont buy the game till season 2, and in your own reality thats the release date.
Id rather they put out a complete game tbh.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Then wait till Season 2 and the game will be complete (cept for Season 3.....season 4....etc etc.)
No one is forcing you to buy it now.
It doesnt bother you that the campaing is launching with only one biome, no weather effects, and most importantly to me, no coop, a staple of the halo franchise? The other stuff id be more understanding of. But my first run of every halo is in co-op with my best friend. What irks me is that this should be released as and labeled as campaing early access, because thats what it is, it seems like the campaign aspect will not actually be “completed” until some time next year. I also think they should have labeled the bf 2042 release as early access, considering how many features are not in it. Im sick of companies launching early access products and trying to pass them off as full releases for 60-70 bucks.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It doesnt bother you that the campaing is launching with only one biome, no weather effects, and most importantly to me, no coop, a staple of the halo franchise? The other stuff id be more understanding of. But my first run of every halo is in co-op with my best friend. What irks me is that this should be released as and labeled as campaing early access, because thats what it is, it seems like the campaign aspect will not actually be “completed” until some time next year. I also think they should have labeled the bf 2042 release as early access, considering how many features are not in it. Im sick of companies launching early access products and trying to pass them off as full releases for 60-70 bucks.

Bother me?
Ive got real problems to be bothered by.

Bae-i is waiting for me and I need to be there for her day one.
Ill go through the campaign co-op Legendary after ive solo'd the game on Heroic and gotten my ass beat on Legendary.

nemiroff

Gold Member

I'm also a co-op person from the golden age of Halo. But for some reason you seem to disregard the feedback from the multiple previews posted in this very thread. Sounds to me that the game is legit even without the delayed co-op, not some insubstantial piece of shit game.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I'm also a co-op person from the golden age of Halo. But for some reason you seem to disregard the feedback from the multiple previews posted in this very thread. Sounds to me that the game is legit even without the delayed co-op, not some insubstantial piece of shit game.
I dont think the game will be shit, as ive said, it looks great, multiplayer is amazing, one of the best mp shooters ive ever played tbh. But its indisputably launching as an incomplete product. And that irks me.

I'm looking forward to the campaign after seeing some of these previews and playing many hours of the very fun multiplayer! Overall it seems like 343i have a winner.

But this, this right here is totally unacceptable and should not be given a pass. Especially after the YEAR delay

Dude all you do is complain. I think i speak for a ton of people when I say it’s getting old. Very old.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I'm excited to check this out. I haven't played a Halo campaign on years. The multi-player is a lot of fun. The f2p suckered me in and I'll be buying it for pc or kicking my son off the Xbox to play on gamepass.

Vestal

Gold Member
I have played every Halo game, and have enjoyed each one individually. Having said that, 4 and 5 did leave a lot to be desired from due to some of the changes and/or compromises made.

From all that I have seen so far in the MP beta and these previews, I guess we can say that for 343 the 3rd iteration appears to have finally hit the nail on the head.

Here's to waiting till Dec 8th

eric cartman snow GIF by South Park

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Is the Zeta forrest map all that there is?

No snow level, no beach level?

There are multiple levels. There's seaside kind of level, snow level, completely destroyed Halo level, level on the other "dark side" of the Halo ring. You use giant balloon shaped as a Master Chief helmet to traverse from level to level after you collect enough moons.

kuncol02

Banned
There are multiple levels. There's seaside kind of level, snow level, completely destroyed Halo level, level on the other "dark side" of the Halo ring. You use giant balloon shaped as a Master Chief helmet to traverse from level to level after you collect enough moons.
Emotion Reaction GIF

Romulus

How about they just release a completed game after all these years and delays?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Co-op is my favorite mode in Halo. My feelings will be mended if the campaign is a masterpiece, but that's a tall order. Not unthinkable, given Halo's past campaigns, but 343 still need to prove themselves in this area.

Kssio_Aug

343i dropped the ball with the coop. It seems they always let something to be desired.

But at least this time it seems they've nailed pretty much everything else.

I hope when they release the coop they also bring some kind of extra content to stimulate people to revisit it.

MiguelItUp

Not a gigantic Halo fan, but casually played 1-2, and then bought 3 and Reach. I'm absolutely loving this multiplayer, and I'm looking forward to the full game a great deal. From what I've read and seen, everything points to the best Halo experience in a very, very long time and I'm all for it.

Sabotage

What if the fusion coils were actually helium and this whole time we are supposed to be saving them for the balloon instead of throwing them at grunts?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well. You need a deadline for every project right?

Yeah, but you don't show a big gameplay reveal as if the game is pretty much done if you know it's still a year away. They thought they were gonna release the game a year ago until the reactions made them reconsider.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
No there are plenty of open world games that are nothing like an Ubisoft formula for open worlds, Death Stranding, MGS V, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Deathloop, GTA etc etc.

Breath of the Wild however is just an Ubisoft title, right up to the meme towers. So Halo being just anouther Ubisoft title with the only difference being the fans get upset when you call it that is a little disappointing. Look forward to climbing my first tower to unlock the region on a map.
IMO, terrible take. To generalize a game based off of one game mechanic is just lazy and insuates you just aren't very fimiliar with the material you're referring to.

RAIDEN1

Eurogamer is not as positive and brings up some ways the game could fail. Let's see how it goes!

Well you aren't going to please everyone, simply not possible....and when the game is finally out you will still have those who will not be satisified....same was the case of Metroid Dread, those who say it is a return to form, then those who say the story is still not great...

Bkdk

Of all the MS first party game, this and hellblade are the two I care the least for, but since it's in gamepass I'll probably give it a try.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Wow, this sounds SO good and it seems like the campaign is getting as much love as the highly praised multiplayer.

I think it might even be possible that Forza Horizon 5's highest rated new game of the gen is about to be usurped by Halo Infinite.

Top Bottom