• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Halo Infinite Campaign Previews dropping

They call Halo Infinite's grappleshot the best equipment ever created in a Halo game. This campaign fucking delivers bigtime.

There is a particular section early on in the campaign, where after scuttling a Banished ship Chief has to escape as it begins to explode. From having to battle enemies, evade explosions, and grapple your way as the ship slowly self-destructs it feels like a truly cinematic moment in a sci-fi movie. But the best part is that you are in control throughout the entire duration of this moment it’s not just some CGI cinematic, it’s you controlling that moment. With so many games relying on CGI and QTE moments to deliver these types of moments, I have to tip my hat to 343 Industries for making such an incredible moment so early on in Halo Infinite.

So it starts off with a banging set piece that is fully real-time. :D

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
deOlRxg.gif

Stuart360

Halo Infinite’s new, open world is filled with these small, carefully crafted details that at once feel both familiar and foreign. These sights, sounds, and secrets fill out the world around Halo Infinite’s more linear campaign, making for an experience that’s nothing like any Halo game I’ve played, but somehow evokes feelings reminiscent of the earlier games.

:messenger_sunglasses::messenger_sunglasses::messenger_sunglasses:

Sounds great, and sounds like it should please both open world fans, and linear level design fans.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I didn't grow up with Halo and played the original trilogy later, which was fine, and fun. Didn't hype me for 4/5 at all and even the fans were let down there it seems.

But between the multiplayer and these previews I'm actually really quite excited for something Halo for the first time. Looks great!

Looks like my Breath of the Wild suspicions were confirmed. Many are making that comparison.

If people thought Microsoft was hiding this thing, think again. They've got a hit on their hands.

So the sound design is incredible according to one of the videos posted in here. Guy says that shots echo throughout the environments, even multiple shots done by you. Killer sound design he says.

highrider

Banned
I’m super excited for this campaign. Would like to play it on something better than Xbox one but meh, I’m not willing to pay the Piper lol

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Looks great. Halo always should have pushed in the open world direction.

If they can release a big open world multiplayer mode, it'll be the complete package.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Ah so it's an over rated Ubisoft game where the weapons break, I suppose I can see the comparison with the way the Hammer and sword have limited ammo.

Will Halo be the Darksouls of Ubisoft titles?
God forbid anyone try to make a open world game, lest they be accused of copying Ubisoft. Lets forget that this open world design was everything Halo CE wanted to be but didn't because of the hardware limitations.

I’m going to laugh if this game delivers big time and reviews high 80s/low 90s after all the shit it’s taken over the past year. The multiplayer is already one of the best online FPS games in years.

Oh it'll deliver, and big by the looks of it.

Schmick

I’m super excited for this campaign. Would like to play it on something better than Xbox one but meh, I’m not willing to pay the Piper lol
I have the original Xbox One so I know how you feel but... I played FH5 on it through xCloud and it worked really well. I got all the next gen features but on my old Xbox.

I'm gonna try the same with Halo.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
God forbid anyone try to make a open world game, lest they be accused of copying Ubisoft. Lets forget that this open world design was everything Halo CE wanted to be but didn't because of the hardware limitations.

No there are plenty of open world games that are nothing like an Ubisoft formula for open worlds, Death Stranding, MGS V, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Deathloop, GTA etc etc.

Breath of the Wild however is just an Ubisoft title, right up to the meme towers. So Halo being just anouther Ubisoft title with the only difference being the fans get upset when you call it that is a little disappointing. Look forward to climbing my first tower to unlock the region on a map.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I’m going to laugh if this game delivers big time and reviews high 80s/low 90s after all the shit it’s taken over the past year. The multiplayer is already one of the best online FPS games in years.

I mean, it took shit over a year because they were poised to release it an entire year before it was ready. That's why people gave it shit. Now it's actually coming out of the oven piping hot it seems.

No there are plenty of open world games that are nothing like an Ubisoft formula for open worlds, Death Stranding, MGS V, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Deathloop, GTA etc etc.

Breath of the Wild however is just an Ubisoft title, right up to the meme towers. So Halo being just anouther Ubisoft title with the only difference being the fans get upset when you call it that is a little disappointing. Look forward to climbing my first tower to unlock the region on a map.
Fair enough. I'm expecting you in the Horizon: FW thread in February then :messenger_smirking:

carlosrox

Banned
Might be the first Halo I play since the original (well, I briefly played 3 and ODST but they weren't my cup of tea). Looks pretty cool.

I have the MP downloaded off Steam. Very impressive file size. Gonna try it maybe this weekend.

Ozriel

M$FT
Fair enough. I'm expecting you in the Horizon: FW thread in February then :messenger_smirking:

There’s multiple previews in this thread, none of which mention unlocking new sections of the map after climbing towers, so I’m not sure where he’s coming from.

Not sure how he expects ‘climb towers to unlock’ would work in a game where you can hop on multiple aircraft and fly around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom