• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA to publish AAA hunting game from Koei Tecmo & Omega Force

YukiOnna

EA-Koei-Tecmo-Announce_09-12-22.jpg

Electronic Arts has announced a partnership with Koei Tecmo and studio Omega Force to develop and release “the next great hunting game” under its EA Originals label. The original intellectual property, which will be set in “fantasy feudal Japan,” will deliver a “truly AAA experience.”

“It’s an honor to be partnering with EA Originals and to have the support of a team with such an incredible track record of releasing groundbreaking new games,” said Koei Tecmo executive vice president Yosuke Hayashi in a press release. “The Electronic Arts team fully embraces our creative independence and have become invaluable partners offering both development and publishing support. Adding the global resources of Electronic Arts with our own will help us introduce a new kind of hunting game to a global audience of players and expand our reach into global markets. I’m really looking forward to the day that gamers from around the world can play this new game.”

YukiOnna

I LOVED Toukiden.

More than Monster Hunter tbh. So I'm always up for more if that's what it is.

Wtf would they partner with EA tho? This is weird.
Definitely weird but if it helps them with production costs and compete with Monster Hunter + EA Originals has been a 2 for 2 so far I guess it works? Definitely out of left field to put out an AAA title with KT for EA.

But hey it's an AAA feudal japan hunting game so I'll take it.

Jinzo Prime

Ok, so Toukiden is literally Monster Hunter meets Nioh. I could see the this being a spiritual successor that has broader worldwide appeal, hence the EA deal.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Ok, so Toukiden is literally Monster Hunter meets Nioh. I could see the this being a spiritual successor that has broader worldwide appeal, hence the EA deal.

Yeah, but Toukiden had a grappling hook! Anything does it with a grappling hook, for me.

(I'm trying to remember the games because I didn't play them all much, but Toukiden 1 was pretty much literally Monster Hunter but with yokai, then Toukiden 2 was sort of open-world Monster Hunter, and also sort of a reworking of the Omega Force engine from Attack on Titan merged a little bit with some Dynasty Warriors stuff but on a different fork from DW7, and then there never was a third Toukiden but it had a kind of grappling hook so I think there should be a third and it's be good if this is that.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom