• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA SPORTS FC, the Next Chapter of the World’s Game announced

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The best baseball players in the world and they can't be bothered to keep their weight in check? What kind of a joke sport is that?
That word soccer really bothered you didn’t it
Everything Will Be Okay Hug GIF by www.greetpool.com

I thought FC stood for Fight Club, and this was UFC.

Now I don't know what FC stands for. French Croissant? Fruit Cup? Fuck Comcast?

Elysion

Banned
Soccer has a smooth flow to it, but almost zero action and too much diving. Its the major sport where you can tell by whats going on the field if there will be a goal or not due to distance. In other sports, a long TD, home run, 3 pt bomb or blast from the blue line can happen fast. In soccer, everyone knows there's no goal being scored until the player with the ball zooms in close or does a cross or corner kick. When a team has ball control and gingerly passing it back and forth at centre (including to even their own goalie), you know there's zero chance of any action of goal being scored.

The average number of goals during a high-level soccer match has decreased significantly over the course of the last century. So much so that there have been FIFA officials who suggested that they should maybe make the goals larger, to increase the chances of scoring. If they ever did that, successful large distance goal shots would probably become more likely.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
LMFAO it came down to penalty kicks. If there is a less aesthetic and skillful way to decide a sporting event then let me know.

"Nothing has come close to that for sporting drama in recent years"

Maybe in the sports you watch.
Err did you watch the super bowl? Final minutes - the defending team desperately wants the opposing team to score while the attacking team does everything in their power to not score. And then there is a referee call that means that the whole backwards thing becomes moot.

iorek21

I hope it’s not just a title change but also a complete revamp of the formula. FIFA is very, very far from a realistic football simulator.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
While the naming is odd the very best players in the world are playing in the MLB which wasn't the case when they coined the name in the early 1900s

maybe the best players are there but calling it the World Series is very odd. ,ike I said Americans like high scoring games

doesn't mean they are wrong but also doesn't mean Football is bad either, most watched sport though globally and then followed by cricket then hockey

Topher

Gold Member
Well the English also came up with the sport of rounders with it's bases, bats and ball......

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

Hmmmm

"The game of rounders has been played in England since Tudor times, with the earliest reference being in 1744 in “A Little Pretty Pocketbook” where it was called baseball. "

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
Hmmmm

"The game of rounders has been played in England since Tudor times, with the earliest reference being in 1744 in “A Little Pretty Pocketbook” where it was called baseball. "

Will Smith Reaction GIF
The name baseball was superseded by the name rounders in England, while other modifications of the game played elsewhere retained the name baseball.[5] The game is popular among British and Irish school children, particularly among girls

All this discussion and nobody said anything about American football players sucking oxygen after running for 3 seconds and waiting another 30 for the end of that unsmart commercial with animals and lots of cgi? 😅

Valkyria

Banned
I live in the US where Soccer ranks anywhere between the 6th to 8th most watched sport so most Americans would rather watch anything else.

Now a lot of this has to do with we simply do not funnel our top athletes to the sport and it starts in High Schools, at least in Indiana

I have worked with a lot of kids over the years to be better baseball pitchers and even when they are multi sport stars I have had my kids tell me Athletic Directors at their school have told them to not play all 4 major sports and have asked them to specifically drop Soccer because it doesn't make the school any money because no one goes to the games.
Cool, welcome to the Internet. This is not the USA.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I'm just saying, some consistency would be nice, I like console warring for the banter, but you get warnings or banned for doing so. At least console warring is relevant to this forum, where as soccer vs football is usually just reduced to what they should be called, so lame.

TheGrat1

Err did you watch the super bowl? Final minutes - the defending team desperately wants the opposing team to score while the attacking team does everything in their power to not score. And then there is a referee call that means that the whole backwards thing becomes moot.
No comparison can be made. The game did not end because a penalty was called. The fifa WC could only end with PKs at that point.
The holding call is not a designed and compulsory part of the game. Penalty kicks are. Even then the Eagles a had a (slim) chance to win.
You also got the events out of order. The Chiefs were trying to score while the Eagles were desperately trying to stop them. Then the penalty was called which let the Chiefs bleed the clock and go for the field goal, only at that point (post-penalty) did the Eagles have any incentive for them to score an unopposed touchdown. Even then the field goal could have been blocked or the snap fumbled or a miracle play from the Eagles. There was still potential for a wild outcome. Penalty kicks will always be shitty penalty kicks.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I think this guy couldn't tell that post was obviously not serious.

I blame social media.
Or maybe you're just not funny. Also, I don't do social media, unless you count GAF.

You know what? Please break down your joke for me, explain it to me like I'm five, a five year old on social media, please, some crayons would be great, thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom