• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA says it will ‘double down’ on Star Wars following recent success

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Asked where EA would like to take Star Wars in the future, Wilson commented:

“Up is my hope: up and to the right! I would say again, we have a tremendous relationship with Disney [and] we have a tremendous relationship with LucasArts – we have a long-standing relationship with them going all the way back to Star Wars: The Old Republic, which we launched in 2011.”

He added: “We’ve had success in first-person shooters, in RPGs, in action-adventure, in MMORPGs, in mobile and I believe we’re going to have success in Squadrons as well.

“So again, I think that we’re going to double down on that partnership. Disney continues to be very, very committed to the IP and the canon, and continue to create new content.”

Wilson said that overall, he feels there continues to be “a really, really strong opportunity” in and around Star Wars games going forward.

Later in the call, CFO Blake Jorgensen made particular note of the trust EA had developed with Disney, most significantly demonstrated by its approval of new canon elements in Jedi: Fallen Order.

Piggoro

I actually don't mind. I like good looking expensive Star Wars games. I think EA has budgets and studious (with level of skill) to develop them. MTX/Games as Service aside I see it as a good collaboration.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Give SWTOR some money and bring it to Steam while you are at it, EA.

Best story heavy content in the franchise and you are letting it just sit there, gathering dust.

Top Bottom