• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA says Battlefield 6 is "way ahead" of schedule, supports "more players than ever before", will ensure this is exactly the game fans want to play

TheContact

4 was a fucking great BF. Put hundreds of hours into that beautiful game. 1 (WW1) and 5 sucked hard, so I don't have a lot of faith 6 will be good, but I'll keep my tabs on this since I love BF games so much. The female characters ruins a bit of the suspension of disbelief for me, which is a big part of why I did not like BF5, but if the game takes place in modern times I don't think I'd have a problem with it since women serving combat roles now

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1 and 5 were fine at launch surprisingly

I love Battlefield.
Battlefield 4 is my MP experience of the generation.

But BF1 definitely wasnt "fine" at launch.

Doubly so if you played Medic.
Hell I think the reason Medics were so rare through the entire life of the game is specifically because of the state the game launched in.
They tried that class with near everything broken and just never looked back.

I literally only came back to the Medic class everytime a DLC dropped to see if they had fixed it......they actually did those madmen.

Boneless

Large player maps has me interested. However, the `everyones battlefield´ mantra is concerning, as it sounds the game will lack character, because it´s scared to set the tone in a certain direction.

Will be nice running around with a gun that you don’t have to reload every 5 seconds…..the guns went backwards if you compare bfv against bf1

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Yo I'm ready
3eql.gif

SantaC

"Females on the front line? Totally unrealistic. What next, soldiers who magically recover from bullet wounds by crouching for 5 seconds?"

Flame me all you want, but the BFV backlash was completely ridiculous.
Because of the backlash of past games

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The problem with the backlash against women characters was that it took away from what shouldve been the real backlash.... bizarre gameplay changes. I remember reading about them forcing attrition down everyones throat and thinking wtf. thats gonna make the game boring, and it did. BFV is easily the most boring shooter ive ever played. A big step down from BF1 which was a lot of fun but might have come at the expense of realism. But you know what? Thats ok. the game was fun. it was successful. by far the most successful BF game and they removed everything that made it great.

The changes to operations just werent needed. One of the most beloved BF modes ever made and they completely fucked it. Why am I doing Conquest in the middle of an offensive?

But no, gamers who have never touched BF had to get their panties in a twist about female characters in world war 2 as if they are being forced to use them. I almost never ran into a female character when playing the game because no one wanted to use them. Its such a bizarre controversy.

Shmunter

The problem with the backlash against women characters was that it took away from what shouldve been the real backlash.... bizarre gameplay changes. I remember reading about them forcing attrition down everyones throat and thinking wtf. thats gonna make the game boring, and it did. BFV is easily the most boring shooter ive ever played. A big step down from BF1 which was a lot of fun but might have come at the expense of realism. But you know what? Thats ok. the game was fun. it was successful. by far the most successful BF game and they removed everything that made it great.

The changes to operations just werent needed. One of the most beloved BF modes ever made and they completely fucked it. Why am I doing Conquest in the middle of an offensive?

But no, gamers who have never touched BF had to get their panties in a twist about female characters in world war 2 as if they are being forced to use them. I almost never ran into a female character when playing the game because no one wanted to use them. Its such a bizarre controversy.
It was also something about DICE calling their fan base uneducated etc. Crazy outfits, with swords and robot arms, etc.

The whole thing was a shit show.

Edit: they should have made it into a Bad Company game with some comedy elements and it would have been accepted.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It was also something about DICE calling their fan base uneducated etc. Crazy outfits, with swords and robot arms, etc.

The whole thing was a shit show.
yeah, but it was a backlash to a backlash. I cant expect nerd developers to be good with PR. These people are mostly anti-social. EA shouldve handled the PR on that, but IIRC EA had their hands full after the debacle with Battlefront 2 just a few months earlier.

Come to think of it, DICE really fucked up two of EA's biggest franchises this gen. Lets hope a single focus on Battlefield and a 3 year dev cycle pays off. I dont like what CoD has become and as much as I liked Warzone, I would just like something casual where I can respawn after dying.

ultrazilla

4 was a fucking great BF. Put hundreds of hours into that beautiful game. 1 (WW1) and 5 sucked hard, so I don't have a lot of faith 6 will be good, but I'll keep my tabs on this since I love BF games so much. The female characters ruins a bit of the suspension of disbelief for me, which is a big part of why I did not like BF5, but if the game takes place in modern times I don't think I'd have a problem with it since women serving combat roles now

Same TheContact TheContact 👍
I just never could "get into" 1 or 5. Something just seemed "off" with it. I don't know if it was ttk or enemies just being insanely hard to see from *any* sort of distance unless you're in their face.

I loved Battlefield 4. If Dice can go back and capture lightening in a bottle with what made part 4 great, we'll be in for a great part 6. Gunplay, weapons, vehicles and the MAPS...MAN THOSE MAPS!

And remember the "level-ution" moments? Sounds like they're coming back for part 6!

:messenger_heart::goog_cool:

JCK75

I hope they know that nobody was upset about a Female soldier option, it's the fact that they introduce them as a super powered cyborg in a WW2 game.
Just keep the shit down to earth and we are good.

Shmunter

yeah, but it was a backlash to a backlash. I cant expect nerd developers to be good with PR. These people are mostly anti-social. EA shouldve handled the PR on that, but IIRC EA had their hands full after the debacle with Battlefront 2 just a few months earlier.

Come to think of it, DICE really fucked up two of EA's biggest franchises this gen. Lets hope a single focus on Battlefield and a 3 year dev cycle pays off. I dont like what CoD has become and as much as I liked Warzone, I would just like something casual where I can respawn after dying.
The greater majority of people simply don’t like woke shit despite how is looks like sometimes. It’s usually tolerated by most because it’s difficult to refute political correctness to a point, but sometimes when you go full retard - a backlash is inevitable.

Anyway, ancient history. Let’s hope they learned from it. Seemingly BFV over the course of its life completely backed away from pushing such things, so am optimistic for the next one.

Top Bottom