• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA says Battlefield 6 is "way ahead" of schedule, supports "more players than ever before", will ensure this is exactly the game fans want to play

Electronic Arts has said that DICE is “way ahead” of schedule with development of Battlefield 6 as the publisher gears up to reveal the title this spring.

“Our next Battlefield experience will mark a return to all out military warfare,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said during the company’s third quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

“The game takes full advantage of the power of next generation platforms to bring massive immersive battles to life with more players than ever before.

“Featuring maps with unprecedented scale, the next edition of Battlefield takes all the destruction, player agency, vehicle and weapon combat that the franchise is known for and elevates it to another level.

“The team is focused and the game is ahead of our internal milestones,” Wilson added. “We will reveal the game in the spring and deliver a defining Battlefield experience for our players in holiday 2021.”

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen later reiterated that DICE is “way ahead of where we were in prior product cycles” when it comes to the Battlefield’s development.

It was claimed last year that Battlefield 6’s multiplayer maps were being designed to support increased player counts.

That’s according to Tom Henderson, a reputable Call of Duty leaker who previously said DICE’s upcoming shooter would centre on modern day military combat – a claim later backed up by VentureBeat journalist Jeff Grubb.

Henderson, who is the CEO of production company and social media agency Viral Junkie, claimed the new Battlefield game’s “maps have been designed with 128+ players in mind”.

“It doesn’t necessarily mean 64vs64 is coming,” he later added. “The core game is still 32vs32.”

UPDATE: During the Q&A section of Tuesday’s earnings call, presumably with a nod to Call of Duty Warzone, an analyst asked EA about FPS games using free-to-play modes to “expand the top funnel” and whether the company has any ambitions to do something like that with Battlefield.

“On Battlefield, we don’t have anything more to share at this point other than we believe it’s going to usher in a new generation for Battlefield games and Battlefield fans benefitting from the full power of next-gen platforms,” EA boss Wilson responded.

“And you should imagine that we’re looking across all forms of the experience to ensure that this is exactly the game that Battlefield fans want to play and the game that we believe will drive growth in the Battlefield franchise.”

Last edited:

Sygma

If the game is actually playable day 1 rather than one year later sure

But it will never happen, fuck off Dice with your bullshit

CitizenZ

Banned
So more "community", guess that means an automatic fail day one. Go watch any of the early preview sht from any of these hyped FPS over the past 10 yrs. Its fcked, no doubt.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At a holistic level, BF kills COD. It's got awesome battles, big open field with vehicles and destruction.

You know what sucks? Shit lobbies that bomb out or freeze and clunky UI which were factors in Battlefield 1. ANd every BF game I've dabbled with from 1943 to BF1. Sniperfest city.

Did BFV fix these issues?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
all I want to know is if this will be free on ea gamepass thingy.
For sure. Like all EA games, it'll be anywhere from 4-12 months. Some were quickies like Unravel and I think ME Andromeda were fast to EA Access. Sports games are about 9 months in. Licensed stuff like Star Wars are a full year out.

I'll estimate ME Legendary will be an EA Play/GP thing by end of year. Q1 2021 at the latest.

Please dont be World War, please don't be world war era :( enough with this stupid ass world war era weapons, theme. Bring back to it's BF3/4 present era glory!

Shai-Tan

Banned
I only played less than ten hours combined of BF1 and BFV. Still optimistic because new consoles should make destruction more like Bad Company 2 but would like ttk to be more like BF4 and BC2 as well. Since BC2 there have been a faction pushing to make the main mode more like hardcore mode and I personally don't like that direction that they took in the last few games. Low popularity of BF5 vs CoD Warzone (which has way higher ttk than any Battlefield) hopefully made them think twice.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefield has respect from fans for a reason, those conquest pushes, dynamic warfare, escaping a tank battle etc. I don’t see BF1,5 a decline if anything it showed DICE’s abilities (WW1,2 weapons, trench warfare, deep maps etc.) I played the last two Battlefield games and I like where the franchise is going. Right now nobody knows where COD is going and that gives Battlefield the edge right now.
see ya goodbye GIF by WWE

Diddy X

I loved 1, I wonder how good it is gonna look, I guess it is running on the same engine as 5 but now with more horsepower available, i.e. a crossgen game, next after this is gonna be the real graphical juggernaut they drop every gen.

cormack12

Gold Member
I look forward to another telling off from the CEO, trying to bury legitimate concerns into the stupid woman debate

"These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game," he added. "And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn't been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman]."

"And we don't take any flak. We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don't understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don't buy the game. I'm fine with either or. It's just not ok."

Naked Lunch

I was just thinking how choppers have been missing from Battlefield for so long. Will be good to see those back.
I hope DICE avoids huge gimmicks like the comeback airship vehicles. Just give us solid core Battlefield gameplay without the BS.
Everything is sounding good so far - lets hope it delivers.

As a longtime BF fan, since Modern Combat on PS2. BF1, BFV and both those Star Wars games were a real slap in the face.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But fool me 4 times in a row? smh. i aint falling for this nonsense again.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The market has shifted since the last Battlefield game.

It'll be interesting to see what franchises can adapt vs what franchises will become Dinosaurs vaporized by the astroid known as "Battle Royale".

R6Rider

Gold Member
Me and some buddies just installed BF4 again yesterday and were wondering about news on BF6.

I really need a new BF that's similar to BF3 or 4 (or BC2 would be better).

Top Bottom