• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA says Battlefield 6 is "way ahead" of schedule, supports "more players than ever before", will ensure this is exactly the game fans want to play

Boss Mog

The only way they get me to buy this day one (and at all) is if it's similar to BF4 with locked 60fps on next gen, great graphics, great maps where you can go anywhere, be on any roof,etc.., great destruction and have those "only in battlefield moments" that have vanished since BF4. The first step on this path to greatness will be a trailer made up entirely of actual gameplay footage rather than "in-engine" bullshit with animations you'll never find in-game, something like this:

Hudo

If this game doesn't have destruction on at least Battlefield Bad Company 2 level and bots, they can keep their shit.

Please dont be World War, please don't be world war era :( enough with this stupid ass world war era weapons, theme. Bring back to it's BF3/4 present era glory!
I love ww2 era battlefield, problem is we never got a proper remake of ww2 battlefield. BFV was canned half way through and it started out as woke nonsense.

I just hope that they acaully put out a good BF game without the wokeness and without catering to fortnite kiddies and instagram spergs with all the neon colored guns and weirdness.

McHuj

I'm sensing some "Everyone's battlefield" energy :messenger_unamused:

I don't really care if they make female playable characters, that's fine. I get people want characters to look like themselves. BF5's problems went far beyond allowing female player characters. The whole style didn't jive with what people wanted from a World War 2 game.

It was a plethora of poor decisions, poor focus, bugs, and lack of content that doomed it.

Then EA used the argument that gamers are upset about women to deflect any criticism of the game. brave.

Allforce

It's crazy to me how far off this franchise fell. Everyone I knew played the shit out of Bad Company 2 and then later when PS4 came out, BF4.

Then they decided to just keep doubling down on Antique Warfare and jacking off to THE GREAT WARRRRRRR. Aint nobody care about that shit except Tom Brokaw.

TMLT

I doubt they'll be able to roll back strong womyn soldiers etc, thats probably a one way trip sadly. Man how I wish we could go back to BF3/4 days though, especially considering how atrocious COD is these days. I just want a none woke modern military online FPS for fucks sake.

Mojoraisin

Have a good feeling about this one for some reason. Trying to stay positive. Hopefully they learned a lesson from BFV. Mostly concerned about Battle Royale modes (it’s gonna be in there and a big focus, let’s not kid ourselves) draining resources from other game modes but I think they’ll be careful not to piss of fans too much again.

Last edited:
What woke marketing strategy are they gonna lean on this time ?
VsvSrN2.jpg

MiguelItUp

Finally decided to buy BFV to give it a shot cause I typically play every Battlefield, been that way since 1942, haha. It's better than I expected, but yeah, definitely could be a LOT better. One of the lesser ones I've played over the years for a variety of reasons. Still scratches the BF itch at least.

I'm hoping all of this is true as I really would love a great new Battlefield experience. One that's great through and through.

HTK

Banned
We'll see how ahead of schedule this next Battlefield is, better not be a repeat of the launch bugs like Battlefield 4 and the lack of content like Battlefield V. Time will tell, I sincerely hope it's a good BF game, and I'm looking forward to it.

The trick of recent battlefield games is that you dont realize how much worse they are until you go back and play a good one. I recently started playing BF4 again and its fucking amazing. I have like 500 hours in the game and are STILL unlocking attachments and shit. The chaos that just happens naturally is still just something that the newer BF games just cant get right.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The trick of recent battlefield games is that you dont realize how much worse they are until you go back and play a good one. I recently started playing BF4 again and its fucking amazing. I have like 500 hours in the game and are STILL unlocking attachments and shit. The chaos that just happens naturally is still just something that the newer BF games just cant get right.
I started playing BF4 again last week and have some friends that are installing this week. On PS4 there's still a decent amount of servers going too.

I do like V's gunplay and fortification systems, but 4 is overall much more enjoyable even now. I had forgotten how much I hate using DMRs though.

Digity

That's a good thing?

I really don’t care about women soldiers or whatever triggers some people. BFV was mediocre for other reasons then “historical inaccuracy”.

This is do or die for me with this series after two bad games.

I just want good conquest and maybe some new spins on that mode.

I want good open maps. Maps that don’t have bland control points. Maps that don’t feel like meat grinders. I want large maps that feel like they have some personality to them. That have control points to lend themselves to memorable engagements.

I don’t care about esports or balance. BF will never be an esport games.

I want vehicles on the field. I do want bass attacking. I don’t want weird vehicle spawning. Just make the vehicles easy to take out with good team play.

I want good weapon customization like we saw in 3 and 4. Not whatever the hell 5 and 1 had.

R6Rider

Gold Member
That's a good thing?
Yes, I'd take having more options for weapon customization than not. BF4 always had plenty of weapons and attachments for those weapons to work towards.

It should be noted that your standard attachments didn't take long to unlock, but there were optional ones such as different colored lasers, alternative grips, and various weapon sights that you could also unlock. I also liked the weapon star system that BC2 had in which once you get 1000 kills you get the platinum star with said weapon.

Last edited:

ABnormal

Yes, I'd take having more options for weapon customization than not. BF4 always had plenty of weapons and attachments for those weapons to work towards.
The number is very dispersive. But, if you really have to have it, at least make the unlocks very quick, in order to not require playing for 800 hours to have them. There are people who have a job and that don't have the time to grind unlocks, but they still want to enjoy the game and have all the strategic possibilities.

The game should not be about having compulsory collection satisfaction, it should be fun to play.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The number is very dispersive. But, if you really have to have it, at least make the unlocks very quick, in order to not require playing for 800 hours to have them. There are people who have a job and that don't have the time to grind unlocks, but they still want to enjoy the game and have all the strategic possibilities.

The game should not be about having compulsory collection satisfaction, it should be fun to play.

If I remember correctly the first 100-200 kills with a weapon gave you all the base/standard unlocks and everything after gave you "crates" that had a chance of containing a variety of the extra stuff. You could also pick up weapons you didn't have yet and get progression towards them that way.

If unlocks are tied to stupid things like "kill 3 enemies while vaulting" like CoD tends to do then it would be extremely tedious.

ABnormal

If I remember correctly the first 100-200 kills with a weapon gave you all the base/standard unlocks and everything after gave you "crates" that had a chance of containing a variety of the extra stuff. You could also pick up weapons you didn't have yet and get progression towards them that way.

If unlocks are tied to stupid things like "kill 3 enemies while vaulting" like CoD tends to do then it would be extremely tedious.
Unlocking by kills or support points are the right way. They just have to avoid to make them so long to reach to require hundreds of hours. To me, unlocking is not the game. To me, the game is having the unlocks to be able to chose from them depending from the game situation. So for me the game starts when I have all the unlocks (or, at least, all the unlocks that I would use). So, the sooner the better. I don't like playing chess with half pieces. Who would?

whyman

What we want to play? Did they make a WW2 BF without the SJW stuff and stupid modern additions to the BF franchise? Also mod support. Because that is what REAL BF1942 fans want to play.

Battlefield 3 = GOAT
Battlefield 4 = Great
Battlefield 1 = pretty good. A decent change.
Battlefield V = worst battlefield of all time.

not counting 1942 or bad company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom