• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Refused to Disclose Battlefield 2042 Sales Figures, States Franchise Accounts for Less Than 10% of Their Portfolio

DaGwaphics

I bet FIFA on the Switch drew comparable numbers. As a side note- WTF about not a single Madden on Switch?! If I was a shareholder, I'd be flipping tables!

I'm surprised they haven't grabbed a 360 version and updated the players, uniforms, etc. as needed and stuck it over there. That's basically what they did with FIFA anyway.

EDMIX

No wonder they are half assing this franchise. When you have Apex which requires fraction of the resources BF needs, but provides significantly bigger revenue stream, it probably starts to look like not a worthwhile investment. Besides, BR is phasing out a lot of traditional shooters while the genre itself is oversaturated with very little room for new BR games. BF seems like a dying franchise.

Agreed. No wonder they have Zampella taking over that IP in terms of leadership. They probably want that APEX money, I think they should split the baby on this one, just have a BF free to play and focus the other half on Portal.

Their experimental stuff is for a bigger market, those of us who like the old BF concept can just make our own Portal Server, win, win. With how the community debates whats the best BF, I think Portal makes more sense now more then ever.

I think the last post they made stated something about the Scoreboard getting future updates to address the k/d thing and even I was like "well......if you'll just fix that later, why put it out in February, if you are confirming that other things need to be fixed after?"

So something tells me they are adding in that k/d stuff and would rather have it fully down vs slowly added on. I think the also stated something about seeing enemy side stats as a future update, so I think it makes sense to just add all that vs some barebones scoreboard being rushed out.

Top Bottom