• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Motive confirms working on an Iron Man game

Draugoth

Gold Member
FdG3wP2XkAAiOJG

The Iron Man game by motive is a single-player, third-person action adventure game "The game is currently in the pre-production phase and we’ll have more updates as we get further along in development."

Last edited:
Meh... I am so sick of all these Superhero games to be completely honest.

The only games I am interested in that are Superheroes is Wolverine for the PS5 and Suicide Squad. That's it.

Don't care for Spider-Man because I cannot stand the character himself despite hearing praise about the Spider-Man game. His just not interesting to me.

Gotham Knights looks like hot doo doo.

Guardians of the Galaxy was the last good superhero game I've played.

Bragr

Banned
Iron Man could be cool, but it has to be funny open-world with really fast flying. I wanna fly into space and shoot rockets down to Earth. Stuff like that.

Either way, this is 3 years out.

Ristifer

The only games I am interested in that are Superheroes is Wolverine for the PS5 and Suicide Squad. That's it.

Don't care for Spider-Man because I cannot stand the character himself despite hearing praise about the Spider-Man game. His just not interesting to me.

I'll at least give Gotham Knights a pass as those characters haven't been overused to oblivion. Iron Man has been shat out of every medium to the point of complete exhaustion.

The Stig

Ive always wanted an iron man game. Make it along the lines or the batman arkham games but with more advanced gadgets.

yes i know there was a game on 360. i heard it wasnt great.

wvnative

It's taken far too long for a genuine attempt at an Iron Man game, and can't wait to see how they pull it off.

Too bad it's likely years away, stop announcing games still in pre-production.

Esca

In sure I'll change my tune if the game looks cool but I'm getting superhero's lately. Though I'd like a hulk ultimate destruction

Instead of Marvel making one high quality game at a time, they just decided to throw money at random studios to make one thousand games, no matter what. I don't know about that... :messenger_confounded:

People complaining about too much of this or that. You're complaining about MORE games based on cool concepts? When it involves superheroes or special abilities sometimes developers get to be their most creative.

Fbh

As a concept Iron has always felt like a good fit, so this could be fun.

But it's EA and it's still in early development.....so see you in 2026-7 I guess.

Last edited:

wvnative

In sure I'll change my tune if the game looks cool but I'm getting superhero's lately. Though I'd like a hulk ultimate destruction

I'm secretly hoping once the deal is done, Microsoft at least TRIES to relicense the Activision superhero games for BC.

A.Romero

Ironman needs to be open world and be able to fly very very fast. If it's something like The Avengers game then it's probably doomed.

A lot of people on gaming forums will hate it.

I am looking forward to it though, but just like the Skydance game I will wait and see on the quality. I trust IGs after Spider-Man and Eidos after GoTG, but the other ones have to prove themselves.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Should have had anthem team do it, only thing in anthem they got right.

Flabagast

A lot of people on gaming forums will hate it.

I am looking forward to it though, but just like the Skydance game I will wait and see on the quality. I trust IGs after Spider-Man and Eidos after GoTG, but the other ones have to prove themselves.
Fortunately since they have been sold Eidos Montreal won't have to keep working on a turd Marvel property. They are way too talented to waste their time on that.

Rockman33

Marvel saturation coming to videogames now

Years ago I would have been hyped. But today, nah.

Motive seems like a good pick tho. Squadrons was good, and they are definitely going to use what they learned with flying controls there in Iron Man.
Why not today?

Super heroes are amazing IP for video games? So many different avenues to go down.

Rockman33

Out of curiosity what are ALL these super hero games that have come out and are bad in the last 8 or so years with a AAA budget?

I can only think of a handful.

Batman Arkham knight
Spider-Man 1 & Miles
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy

Out if those 5 only one of them was worse than Good. And IMO 3 of them are excellent.

Everybody pretty much knows they're going to be using that amazing work they did on Anthem for this game, right!? The flight and gameplay mechanics were solid, and I see them being taken to a whole other level to show off Iron Man's power and skillset. Shit's going to be so nuts.

I want Batman Arkham but with Iron Man. Get it done!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom