• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Fix Star Wars Squadrons!!!

RAIDEN1

I thought Mass Effect 1 was bad when I was locked in a room, after clearing out the Rachni, but Star Wars Squadrons take things onto a whole NEW level! I am talking about this near enough game-breaking "glitch" in Star Wars Squadrons, whereby you can't even get past the first mission in your X-Wing, it says "Follow Gunny" (and it has been even well talked about on YouTube) and literally all "Gunny" does is just fly around as if he's on a space-cruise, I've re-started the mission a number times, and yet still I can't get ANYWHERE! How was this game even allowed to go gold, I don't give a dam about the multi-player patch.....look at the Single-Player side of things as well!! :messenger_pouting: Its near enough unplayable on the story side..I can't get past that part...

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Finished the story myself and never ran into any issues.

Quick google came up with this fix:

Go slow stay behind them.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Only issue I've had with the game is AI getting stuck, and the Fleet vs AI mode being broken as hell. The AI is nearly impossible to beat even on Easy. It's like their accuracy is maxed out and never miss.

RAIDEN1

Finished the story myself and never ran into any issues.

Quick google came up with this fix:

Go slow stay behind them.

I'll give it a go and see what happens, hopefully it will work! (Playing it on base-PS4)

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'll give it a go and see what happens, hopefully it will work! (Playing it on base-PS4)

hope it works, enjoyed the game a lot myself, was fun flying the ships around. Sucks it’s buggy for some.

iHaunter

How to Fix Your Problem:

Stop buying games published by EA.
People will never fucking learn. Sports gamers in general are some of the dumbest gamers in the industry. People were complaining on Twitter that they got banned from spending $5k in 2 months on sports games.

It's a hard game, but it's not broken at all the way you're suggesting. I got through that part without any issues.

There are a ton of bugs though. The final "boss" encounter on the imperial side ended up with the target flying into a capital ship and getting stuck there while I just wailed away at it with missiles and blasters.

Also, Co-op fleet battles has been broken up until the most recent patch. Matchmaking continues to feel pretty damn lopsided in my experience as well.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
People will never fucking learn. Sports gamers in general are some of the dumbest gamers in the industry. People were complaining on Twitter that they got banned from spending $5k in 2 months on sports games.
One can only lmao at this kind of things, man.

RAIDEN1

Is there a set-speed I need to be following "Gunny" at? Soon as the mission started I reduced the default speed and then soon as I near enough caught up with Gunny, the character decides to do an about turn and then flies in a different direction randomly, I am trying to follow going up down side-ways etc....but still nothing seems to trigger...

DonJorginho

Banned
The way I see it, spend all you want on sports games and shitty EA titles, but don't complain when they end up being shit games.

You get what you pay for.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I thought Mass Effect 1 was bad when I was locked in a room, after clearing out the Rachni, but Star Wars Squadrons take things onto a whole NEW level! I am talking about this near enough game-breaking "glitch" in Star Wars Squadrons, whereby you can't even get past the first mission in your X-Wing, it says "Follow Gunny" (and it has been even well talked about on YouTube) and literally all "Gunny" does is just fly around as if he's on a space-cruise, I've re-started the mission a number times, and yet still I can't get ANYWHERE! How was this game even allowed to go gold, I don't give a dame about the multi-player patch.....look at the Single-Player side of things as well!! :messenger_pouting: Its near enough unplayable on the story side..I can't get past that part...
280f582ea27b63c044aac2155ccc27a0.gif

skneogaf

I can't get my rudder pedals to work properly with this game.

I bought a thrustmaster hotas warthog joystick and throttle and thrustmaster pedals and I just can't get the game to recognise the pedals left and right as it just sees one axis/left.

Birdo

Banned
Out of curiosity, I just had a look how this is doing on Twitch....... 100 viewers.

There are more people playing AO Tennis 2.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Is there a set-speed I need to be following "Gunny" at? Soon as the mission started I reduced the default speed and then soon as I near enough caught up with Gunny, the character decides to do an about turn and then flies in a different direction randomly, I am trying to follow going up down side-ways etc....but still nothing seems to trigger...

Yes just keep following them, wherever they go. She'll eventually fly a bit away from the large ships and towards the jump point or whatever it's called.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How to Fix Your Problem:

Stop buying games published by EA.

I still don’t understand why people don’t get this.

If you buy EA games, don’t fucking moan when they inevitably break. They’ve been doing it for years. Why would you expect anything different?

Same goes for Ubisoft.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Hi ther pls stahp insults to us sport gamers we are particulary competive and we only spent cash on the best player pack.
I only spend 7k this year and real focus on getting my moneys worth!

RAIDEN1

Still no progress, after flying around for the best part of 45 minutes, so much so, I get prompted to turn around whilst following Gunny as I am leaving the mission area!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah went from day 1 to “day whenever patch comes out” after I heard what people said about it in the first few hours of release.

IX_G4ME_OVER_XI

Neo Member
It can be done (it's extremely difficult on Ace), but i ain't gonna lie, the game has a lot of broken moments. Also be warned, you start campaign and then try multiplayer once, it has a high chance of erasing your progress in campaign.
kH8XAGQ.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom