• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA claims it ‘doesn’t get enough credit’ for how well it works with acquired studios

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During the publisher’s first quarter earnings call on Wednesday, Jorgensen was asked if the recently released F1 2021 was selling as well as expected.

“I think we’ve exceeded our expectations,” he responded. “That’s no negative on the F1 team, because they are exceptional. We didn’t own the business for that long, so [it was more a case of] could we quickly integrate the teams, our marketing and publishing efforts to try and drive that business as fast as we did?

“That’s probably where we might have had some questions. And actually, we’ve well exceeded that. And it’s to the testament of an exceptional game development team that was able to produce the right assets, to produce the right marketing materials to help us drive this business and the teams working together.

“And you know what? I think we don’t get enough credit for this, but EA is a bunch of people who really can work well together. And we do a great job of working with other parts of our company. And when we bring in acquisitions, we work well with them.

“And I think the poster child there is, you look at Respawn and you look at what’s happened with Apex. This is a team effort and Respawn has obviously driven the amazing development of Apex, but they’ve partnered with us extremely well to drive what is now, it’s coming up to almost $2 billion in business over two years.

“That’s unheard of in our industry. And I’m not sure we get enough credit for it, I don’t really care, but at the end of the day, it is amazing what our teams are able to do.”

SJRB

Gold Member
And I’m not sure we get enough credit for it

et7itEX.gif

Barakov

During the publisher’s first quarter earnings call on Wednesday, Jorgensen was asked if the recently released F1 2021 was selling as well as expected.

“I think we’ve exceeded our expectations,” he responded. “That’s no negative on the F1 team, because they are exceptional. We didn’t own the business for that long, so [it was more a case of] could we quickly integrate the teams, our marketing and publishing efforts to try and drive that business as fast as we did?

“That’s probably where we might have had some questions. And actually, we’ve well exceeded that. And it’s to the testament of an exceptional game development team that was able to produce the right assets, to produce the right marketing materials to help us drive this business and the teams working together.

“And you know what? I think we don’t get enough credit for this, but EA is a bunch of people who really can work well together. And we do a great job of working with other parts of our company. And when we bring in acquisitions, we work well with them.

“And I think the poster child there is, you look at Respawn and you look at what’s happened with Apex. This is a team effort and Respawn has obviously driven the amazing development of Apex, but they’ve partnered with us extremely well to drive what is now, it’s coming up to almost $2 billion in business over two years.

“That’s unheard of in our industry. And I’m not sure we get enough credit for it, I don’t really care, but at the end of the day, it is amazing what our teams are able to do.”
Impressive how much they believe their own bullshit.

junguler

Banned
EA is a shit publisher when compared to the best out there (devolver digital) but they have been making things better slowly over the last few years, they released two amazing star wars games that people really loved for example, one is single player only and the other is micro transaction free and also received free content updates. they finally revealed they are making a new skate and also remaking dead space. they brought back their games to steam too.
i love a good come back story and am interested to see if they are going to continue on this path or if it was all a scam. say what you will about them but they are certainly better than ubisoft, activision and take two at this point, sure that's not a high bar to pass but at least they are not the worst anymore imo.

clem84

Gold Member
AKH647d-HMc6VnowFaJOJXvX7FfpNlIk2Vn0iEJ9xek.png

Hmm... curious what these folks think about EA?
I'm sure we could make a reverse argument though. What if we made a list of all the studios that are thriving under EA. Wouldn't the list be more extensive?

I'm actually genuinely curious. 😄

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Electronic Arts doesn't have a single solitary redeeming feature about it.

Fuck them and everything associated with them.

Cunts.

Wrong. They have at least one redeeming feature:

They are better than Activision :D

oagboghi2

That list is old.

kinda hurts your argument. When was the last time EA killed a studio?

people have been predicting they close down respawn or BioWare for years. Hasn’t happened.

Last edited:

EDMIX

?? EA never owned Lucas Arts?

Its DISNEY That shuts down that studio and cancels that game

So you can't say "Disney shut them down" and then say "The first thing EA did" etc. The Old Republic came out in 2011....before the star wars deal

before 1313 was revealed and before Lucas Arts shut down....

EA has nothing to do with any of that, read what is even being posted... EA didn't cancel 1313... Disney did.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
They deserve no credit. Trash tier company and the industry would be better without the dross they serve up annually.

Relativ9

They seem to be slowly turning things around right now, and with Ubisoft and Activision being so incredibly shitty lately the pressure is somewhat off EA.

But EA seems to go in waves. There was the time they had Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Skate 3, Battlefield 3, and many more all in just a couple of years. Then they cashcowed all those properties and coasted on th critical acclaim of yesteryear until basically now. If they now peoduce a bunch of actually good games, you can bet your ass they'll milk those till their bad again just like last time.

VAVA Mk2

That list is old.

kinda hurts your argument. When was the last time EA killed a studio?

people have been predicting they close down respawn or BioWare for years. Hasn’t happened.
Didn't they kill the studio that made the Dead Space games? Don't see them here.

Perrott

Gold Member
?? EA never owned Lucas Arts?

Its DISNEY That shuts down that studio and cancels that game

So you can't say "Disney shut them down" and then say "The first thing EA did" etc. The Old Republic came out in 2011....before the star wars deal

before 1313 was revealed and before Lucas Arts shut down....

EA has nothing to do with any of that, read what is even being posted... EA didn't cancel 1313... Disney did.

Yeah, I'd also like to add to your post that EA actually tried to save 1313 back in the spring of 2013 by having some former LucasArts staff pitch the game to Visceral Games management, which unfortunately didn't work out as the studio's general manager turned down on the proposal.

EDMIX

Yeah, I'd also like to add to your post that EA actually tried to save 1313 back in the spring of 2013 by having some former LucasArts staff pitch the game to Visceral Games management, which unfortunately didn't work out as the studio's general manager turned down on the proposal.

Oh wow I never knew that.

I like what 1313 looked like, but was skeptical considering Lucas Arts sketchy history.

Top Bottom