• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and FIFA officially end their partnership

Draugoth

Gold Member

EA and FIFA officially end their partnership

FIFA will now be called EA SPORTS FC.

"Next year, EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS." b

Last edited:
No French league license?

Shocked Champions League GIF by UEFA

What are all the PSG tryhards gonna play now in Divisions?

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I was kinda hoping this would happen. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens now and if they manage to strike a deal with someone else.

It's rare when you put two corporations together and EA are the good guys. But, it doesn't get much more corrupt than FIFA.

I don't care about soccer, but I'll be rooting for EA on this one.

Our unique licensing portfolio of more than 19,000+ players, 700+ teams, 100+ stadiums and 30 leagues that we’ve continued to invest in for decades will still be there, uniquely in EA SPORTS FC. That includes exclusive partnerships with the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, the MLS – and more to come.

lmao
FIFA fucked up. All they have is a name and the World Cup. Now EA is free to add more game modes, have more licensing deals and merchandise. The sums that were spent on FIFA can be used to buy the teams and players moneyhatted by Konami.

oldergamer

It depends. They might just ask for a high percentage of the sales price instead which could still net FIFA significant money while hurting EA's sales.
They don't get a percentage of sales. Its a name license. Just like all other sports licensing.

EA is not paying 2 billion for 4 letters on a box. Its a waste of money.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So what does this mean? The next game from EA wont have any of the EPL, La Liga, Series A teams and players?

Jaybe

The brinksmanship continues. Both showing how much they don’t need each other. I still think it gets sorted in the end perhaps soon, perhaps in a couple years. Too much money on the table. They are just arguing about who gets what share of it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think the deal was EA would pay FIFA $1 billion every 4 years. So $250M per year. Crazy just for the word FIFA.

FIFA sells about 20+ Million copies per year. So for every gamer who bought a copy, $10 or so went to FIFA.

Sounds like EA got hosed for years. It’s not like they got any competition for soccer games as PES has been junk for a long time. I bet they could had licensed the name for a fraction of the price and would still get the name. It’s not like Konami is going to pay anywhere close to $250M per year to call it FIFA PES.

kingfey

Banned
For non fifa players, this means less money for Sony and MS. Since EA would lose some userbase due to this fall out.

Top Bottom