• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: “We are absolutely looking at more Switch games in our portfolio”

cryptoadam

Banned

Blah Blah Blah. Talk is cheap.

I don't get why EA hasn't just been porting all their last gen games? Its easy money for them and they could of built a library so they could get EA access on it.

I will believe it when I see it. But I think EA left a lot of money on the table by not releasing an ME collection or Dead Space collection. Even Capcom is releasing all the RE's and Square with the FF's. I think a burnout or Need for speed collection or remaster would do really well on the Switch. Nintendo players don't really seem to mind ports and I can't imagine it would cost too much.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Tell them not to bother. Their games suck.

Yeaaaah, I'm with you on that one. I mean, obviously, their games will sell. But in terms of getting something I'd actually want to play? Unless it's a port of their stuff from like... 2008, when they actually tried, no thanks. And even then, I wouldn't want to play a pared back Switch port of it.

Like, it's just kind of tiresome hearing the same company line. "Ooohh, we're totally thinking about putting our games on this thing," every 6-12 months, like we're going to miss out on some major cultural movement if we don't line up for their latest big-budget disappointment.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
Bringing over some of the Wii games would be a good start. Boom Blox was cool back in the day... although nowadays that’d probably be a eShop budget title at best.

GreyHorace

Translation: We're just saying this because we want to keep our shareholders happy. In truth, we think the Switch sucks and it's fans are a bunch of whiny manchildren who refuse to embrace the pay-to-win future.

oagboghi2

Is the switch really missing anything though? Maybe Apex but outside of that, so what? I doubt there is a audience for anthem on switch

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Mass Effect Trilogy would sell like hotcakes.
They could just port Mass Effect 3 instead though!

Since EA has exclusively produced garbage for years, I do not really care about them eyeing potential Switch games.

royox

Mass Effect Trilogy would sell like hotcakes.

Im totally In for a ME Trilogy in Switch...but if they do this i'm 100% sure they will do this:

Switch: Locked to 30fps, 720p with dynamic resolution shit. Some new graphic features like better shadows and lightning.

Xbone+PS4+PC: Locked 60fps, 1080p. Full revamped graphics

So as a graphic whore I would say "fuck portability" and go for the PS4/PC version day 1.

Top Bottom