• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA’s IP revival is reportedly a Dead Space ‘reimagining’

Thanks. 2 was an absolute joy to work on. The entire team was focused on delivering a top tier game and we did.
I bet. It honestly shows in the craftsmanship of the final product. There was a lot of genuine passion put into those games.

Dead space 1's eerie atmosphere is better of the two though imo. Isaac suddenly turned into Nathan Drake in the sequel kinda broke his characterization and dampend the unsettling mood compared to the original.

That said, DS2 is still pretty good and definitely well done. Especially, in the gameplay department. Hardcore mode was brutal lol.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Having I worked on all 3 games it will be interesting to see how they handle this without any dev support from the original team. Not a single person from the team works for ea anymore so this will be highly interesting
They won't. It'll be a soulless money grab and a cheap imitation of the original.

MiguelItUp

Weird, I read somewhere else that it was going to be following the original as much as possible.

So, maybe they are gonna kind of shift things a bit like they did with RE2/RE3?

Whatever they do, I just hope it's good. Big time.

Hugare

Respawn made Fallen Order. Not EA. EA just holds the publishing rights.
This is kind of a stupid point since Respawn is owned by EA, imo

Its like saying "MS didnt make Halo, 343 did" or "Sony didnt make GOW, Santa Monica did"

EA is calling the shots

Anyway, Battlefront 2 campaign and Squadron were good, so I can see Motive not fucking it up

From the trailer, they are gonna stick pretty close to the source material

Tallahassee

This is kind of a stupid point since Respawn is owned by EA, imo

Its like saying "MS didnt make Halo, 343 did" or "Sony didnt make GOW, Santa Monica did"

EA is calling the shots

Anyway, Battlefront 2 campaign and Squadron were good, so I can see Motive not fucking it up

From the trailer, they are gonna stick pretty close to the source material
didn't you know it's not cool to say something positive about EA.
if the game is shit then it was made and ruined by EA, but if it's good EA was just the publisher

Arachnid

I have the feeling that the rumor could be true.
LMAO ya OK. We're getting a new Silent Hill too.

tenor.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I can't think of a good reason as to why they should not add stealth mechanics to this series.

Maybe not for the remake, but in future outings.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Serious question,

Am I being a little bitch because a big part of me doesn't want to give EA money for their Dead Space and Skate reboot?

I love both series and own all the games but I just hate seeing EA destroy 2 franchises and the studios who made them, only to then bring them back when it's convenient.
It is what it is bro.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
I bet. It honestly shows in the craftsmanship of the final product. There was a lot of genuine passion put into those games.

Dead space 1's eerie atmosphere is better of the two though imo. Isaac suddenly turned into Nathan Drake in the sequel kinda broke his characterization and dampend the unsettling mood compared to the original.

That said, DS2 is still pretty good and definitely well done. Especially, in the gameplay department. Hardcore mode was brutal lol.
The first time I saw the game was during a internal appreciate event to reward staff among the campus. After it was shown, everyone wanted to work on it. This was back when we were doing movie licenses games so we were stacked with projects.

I got pulled off a project and landed a spot on dead space dev. It's by far my favorite game to work on even up now

Top Bottom