• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 rumor checklist thread! (Live and post conference discussion)

Hmm, I see gaf has reddit flairs now.

BEHOLD! This is the time of year where Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, come out on stage and finally put to rest the large amount of removes that have been flowing around the internet from forums, to youtube videos, and gaming uh, "news networks"...

Here are all the the rumors for the Ms, Sony and Nintendo conferences, starting with Microsoft.

During the conference and post, the rumors that end up being true will be highlighted in green, the ones that are false will be struck and highlighted red. All the rumors above are from around the net and have been reported by "gaming news" at least two times, some of them will be no brainers, some of them will be bizarre, here they are:

RUMOR LIST:

1. Xbox will launch this year 2019.

2. Xbox will reveal the new console(s) at this E3

3. Forza Horizon will have its named change to Project Gotham, while still open world will have gameplay changes to differentiate.

4. Forza 8 will not be called Forza 8.

5. Forza 8 will have over 2000 cars.

6. Xbox timed exclusive GTAIII remaster in 4k and new control/graphics.

7. Xbox One X $100 price drop

8. Gears of War 5 bundle will include Gears 1-4/Judgement in Download codes.

9. Battle Toads will be a retail release.

10. 5 MS ip revivals. 2 coming out this year. (not including Battletoads or Fable)

11. New OS update, Xbox can run customized version of Win10, new MS bundled with mouse and keyboard for "business sku"

12. Killer Instinct sequel game (not another season)

13. 12 Japanese games will be shown, 2 exclusive, 4 timed exclusive and/or exclusive dlc.

14. New Fable.

15. Fable collection containing, retail release.

16. Rare Replay vol. 2

17. Crytek contracted game (new ip?)

18. 5 third party console exclusives.

19. Xbox One S $100 msrp price drop.

20. XCloud will not be a separate subscription service.

21. Xcloud will run at 1080p 60fps for "most" games.

22. On Xbox, you can try demos of games from the console mixer app.

23. Microsoft buying Dailymotion from vivendi restructuring, (may or may not use new rebrand name) will be included in Xbox ecosystem for video uploads.

24. Can install bluray movies and audio CD's to the harddrive free (but can't copy from it f course)

25. New variation of the old "family sharing" from 2013. Won't be as flexible.

26. Halo Infinite beta date reveal.

27. Halo infinite will come out this year

28. New Xboxes will have smaller Kinect built in for hand-free gaming, voice commands, and cam gameplay recordings.

29. HTC VR partnership (Next Xbox compatible.)

30. Oculus VR partnership (Next Xbox compatible.)

31. New indie game program, 200,000 sales+ = Retail release paid fr by MS via ID@Xbox

32. Microsoft will release android gaming phone compatible with announced new xbox features.

33. Microsoft will partner with another company to release a Microsoft branded gaming phone, compatible with announced new xbox features.

34. Xbox 360 sales reveal.

35. Forza 7, FH4, and Halo 5 sales reveal.

36. Elite controller 2.0

37. Razer keyboard reveal.

38. New windows store redesign similar to Origin crossed with Steam.

39. New server features for storage and device switching.

40. Local streaming hosts to improve latency on Xcloud

41. Xcloud will have music streaming service that will limit data usage on low data phone plans.

42. Internet browser upgrade to desktop level, full flexibility, can download to Xbox and use like PC (can't load iso's or other disc images)

43. UHD drive kept for next Xbox console(s)

44. New gamer score exchange service, earn points to turn in for goodies.

45. Universal MP interface upgrade, will be implemented for every Xbox One and next generation Xbox console. Mandatory Azure for the new consoles.

46. Nintendo Shingeru to be at MS conference.

There you have it, all the rumors that have been parroted around. How many of this will be true? How many of these will be false? Tune in to find out! 4PM EST is when the Microsoft conference starts, time for excitement!

If there are any other unconfirmed rumors that you've heard f not on the list mention it below.

Last edited:
Wow the insiders and the gaming "news press" both failed miserably this E3 with rumors, this might be their biggest fuck up yet with the widest margin.

5/46 is pretty dang bad (really it's 4.7/46)

Man I know credibility has been falling but this is insanity.

Pejo

Wow the insiders and the gaming "news press" both failed miserably this E3 with rumors, this might be their biggest fuck up yet with the widest margin.

5/46 is pretty dang bad (really it's 4.7/46)

Man I know credibility has been falling but this is insanity.
On second hand, I hope they controlled these fake "leaks" so they can identify and boot the attention seeking fuckers that always leak this stuff and ruin the surprises. So some good may come of it.

On second hand, I hope they controlled these fake "leaks" so they can identify and boot the attention seeking fuckers that always leak this stuff and ruin the surprises. So some good may come of it.

They would have had to do that a few years ago, not likely they learned anything at this point.

Some of these ""gaming journalists" aren't even on gaming focused sites, one of them even attacked Neogaf as a whole by going after me and EviLore EviLore

Remind me to ignore all rumors next year.

I mean at least it wasn't a complete wipeout. I'm surprised they even got 5, although I guess some of them like Battletoads was already obvious.

Also to be honest I'm being nice because they were parroting Dino Crisis and other rumors as well that would have added another 1 spots, making it 5/56.

Top Bottom