• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Nin] DAEMON X MACHINA Trailer

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Thought the art/grahpics style of this looked pretty cool. Like the trailer music choice and how it just cuts at the end as well.

A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Coming in 2019.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm definitely interested in this because I love mechs but I need to see more.

jdforge

Banned
When Nintendo opened with this I thought yeah they’re going to nail this direct. Little did I know!

Really liked this and will certainly be keeping an eye out for more information and gameplay. Hopefully it’s featured on Treehouse.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Looks good, and since it is produced by the Armored Core producer, there's a pedigree here that people aren't making a bigger fuss about.

Pejo

Best surprise of E3 for me personally. fast mecha action isn't done enough these days. This plus Metal Wolf Chaos guarantees I'll have a fun time.

OH-MyCar

Shoji Kawamori (Macross/Robotech) is the grandaddy of mechs so I'm potentially sold on that alone.

Granted, Nintendo's E3 was still pretty awful but this was by far one of its strongest points. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Zannegan

Yeah the mechs do look like the dolls in Xenoblade X.
I thought this would end up being a straight up armored core game, then I thought it might be a Xenoblade X entry, then I thought it must be Platinum based on how they were moving. Never would have guessed Marvelous and... First Studio? Not too familiar with the first, and I've never heard of the second.

sublimit

Banned
I thought this would end up being a straight up armored core game, then I thought it might be a Xenoblade X entry, then I thought it must be Platinum based on how they were moving. Never would have guessed Marvelous and... First Studio? Not too familiar with the first, and I've never heard of the second.
Well you weren't far-off thinking this was an Armored Core game. Apparently the director Kenichiro Tsukuda has worked as producer on Armored Core 2,Armored Core 3,AC Silent Line as well as concept designer for AC Nexus. :)

Edit:Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Zannegan

lol that's just armored core with a different name.
I was kind of thinking armored core by way of Platinum with all the crazy mobility--running up the arms and whatnot.

EDIT: Hopefully it's a little more accessible than your typical AC too.

Last edited:

treason

i cant wait i love mechs

41864963315_eb528c5754_o.gif

42715750032_61ddaec99b_o.gif

KevinKeene

Banned
I hope it tells a proper story. Would be disappointing if it was a barebones mission-after-mission type game. Gimme some dramatic anime pls!

Shouta

It looks pretty great. We haven't gotten an Armored Core title in awhile and apparently I think From Software doesn't plan on doing it since the staff jumped ship to make this. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Article for the game from usgamer.net: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/da...-switch?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I finally learned more this afternoon, and as I discovered, its mech pedigree runs even deeper than I first supposed, as many of its developers worked on Armored Core.

As with Armored Core, missions revolve around "Orders," which are mercenary missions that will earn you variable amounts of money. The orders you choose will determine how the story progresses as well as your allies. The money you earn can subsequently be put toward new weapons

What differentiates Daemon X Machina, apart from its much more colorful palette, are its aforementioned destructible environments. This mainly applies to the buildings, which you can send tumbling down upon enemies if you get the timing right.

All of it sounds pretty good so the wait on this is gonna suck.

If there any issue I have though its just a pet peeve at every damn article calling it "mech" when it should be "mecha".

Zannegan

If there any issue I have though its just a pet peeve at every damn article calling it "mech" when it should be "mecha".

Thanks for linking the article. As the highlight of that anemic show, I'm looking for any and all info on the game I can get.

Is "mech" not also acceptable nomenclature? I've always heard the two used interchangeably. Is there a difference beyond "mecha" being a more Japanese pronunciation?

Pejo

Looking very very good! Hope it's 60 fps.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, honestly. The trailer struggled to maintain a consistent framerate.

That said, I can forgive a lot of things if the game itself is fun. Any game that has multi-laser lock like Panzer Dragoon or ZoE gets a huge bonus from me. It just feels so goddamn cool to lock on and unleash a whole arsenal of homing lasers.

Is "mech" not also acceptable nomenclature? I've always heard the two used interchangeably. Is there a difference beyond "mecha" being a more Japanese pronunciation?

Usually it helps denote origin of said designs as well as helps give imagery since the two tend to have different design choices.

Mecha (as in "mechanical") used for designs that are Japanese in origin or Japanese-inspired. It also loans itself outside of transformable/robots and into vehicles and weapons.

Mech on the other hand is used for designs that are western in origin such as the walking tanks of Battletech and the like.

Shouta

Thanks for linking the article. As the highlight of that anemic show, I'm looking for any and all info on the game I can get.

They can be used interchangeably. There's no real difference since they come from the same root and refer to the same thing. If there's any specific usage for the two, it'd be that mecha refers to a genre or category while mech refers to the individual piloted robot.

Zannegan

They can be used interchangeably. There's no real difference since they come from the same root and refer to the same thing. If there's any specific usage for the two, it'd be that mecha refers to a genre or category while mech refers to the individual piloted robot.

I can see how distinguishing between the two based on the design's origins/general aims--as Wheeljack539 Wheeljack539 puts it--would be useful for hardcore fans of mecha.

As a more casual fan of giant robots (which probably goes back to Power Rangers), I was only too happy to hear that this game aims to be more accessible than armored core:
"His vision can basically be summarized as "Armored Core with destructible environments," and while it doesn't have quite the same amount of crazy customization as FromSoftware's games, you can still carry a host of weapons, from laser swords to bazookas. You can also unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more."

Simplified AC plus destruction sounds on point to me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get my hopes up, honestly. The trailer struggled to maintain a consistent framerate.

That said, I can forgive a lot of things if the game itself is fun. Any game that has multi-laser lock like Panzer Dragoon or ZoE gets a huge bonus from me. It just feels so goddamn cool to lock on and unleash a whole arsenal of homing lasers.

Panzer Dragoon and ZoE? Man, you just mentioned 2 of my favorite shooters ever. If DxM could come close to the glory of these games, we're in for a treat!

I can see how distinguishing between the two based on the design's origins/general aims--as Wheeljack539 Wheeljack539 puts it--would be useful for hardcore fans of mecha.

As a more casual fan of giant robots (which probably goes back to Power Rangers), I was only too happy to hear that this game aims to be more accessible than armored core:
"His vision can basically be summarized as "Armored Core with destructible environments," and while it doesn't have quite the same amount of crazy customization as FromSoftware's games, you can still carry a host of weapons, from laser swords to bazookas. You can also unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more."

Simplified AC plus destruction sounds on point to me.

Sounds like EDF with mechs!

Andyliini

I'll post this in this thread too. They are going to show some gameplay of this game on Nintendo Treehouse Live soon, so tune in if you're interested.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yup. I’m definitely sold on this game. This type mecha game I always wanted. I also really like the mecha design.

One part that kind of iffy on is that the MC is just avatar you create, so the story might big focus here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom