• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 2 New Titles + HYRULE WARRIORS. TGS Live Stream Dates Announced.

Matt_Fox

For all you fellow Musou Maniacs out there... Koei Tecmo have announced their schedule for the Tokyo Game show.

Sept 26th. Hyrule Warriors.
  • 22:00 to 22:50 – Koei Tecmo Two Key Titles Special Live Stream Part Two: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – First live gameplay of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, as well as all sorts of the latest information such as character introductions by the development team. Featuring MC Ruriko Aoki, Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Masaki Furusawa (producer), and Ryouta Matsushita (director).
Sept 27th. Dynasty Warriors.
  • 15:00 to 15:50 – Dynasty Warriors 20th Anniversary Live Stream – A live stream to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Dynasty Warriors series. A look back on the series so far, special plans to celebrate the 20th anniversary, the announcement of two new Dynasty Warriors series titles, and more!
Anyone else looking forward to some new Warriors titles?

Hope they go back to something more traditional. I tried really hard to get into the latest one but just couldn't do it. I get what they were going for conceptually but it just didn't feel right to me.

Also they really need to add DW3 as a PS2 on PS4 game bad, I would love to play though that again. The voice acting was so outrageous it's incredible.

Matt_Fox

Dynasty Warriors 9 tried the open world thing and wasn't well liked by the core fanbase. So, whilst most of the numbered entries receive an updated edition ('Empires' or 'Xtreme Legends') I think they might skip 9 and go straight for Dynasty Warriors 10.

The second game could be some kind of series remaster in homage to the 20th anniversary.

Whatever they go with, I'll love to see how the franchise expands to make use of next gen power.

Top Bottom