• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: The Following Expansion Currently *FREE* On Xbox

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Update:

The whole game isn't free, just the expansion pack is free. This is what they promised a few weeks back I guess.

--

Original:

Not mentioned in games for gold, or game pass. This just seems to be free right now. Not sure if error or deliberate.

Get it before it gets pulled down, I guess.

This has 60 FPS patch for Series X|S

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Don't you need Dying Light to play this? So you'll still have to buy the vanilla game?

Already own it for my PS5 but would love this on the ol' Series X too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Don't you need Dying Light to play this? So you'll still have to buy the vanilla game?

Already own it for my PS5 but would love this on the ol' Series X too.

Yes, I misread the game title.

This is not the full game, this is the expansion.

Techland have officially made the DLC/expansion free to all owners of any version of the base game.

intbal

I wonder if they will release another physical copy of this game. A "Final Edition" that includes all the content PLUS all the patches. I already have the Enhanced Edition that comes with The Following, but it doesn't include that final patch that enabled the new res/perf modes. I will always be willing to buy physical copies that allow me to detach my games from digital dependence.

CitizenZ

Banned
Its because they released the "Def" edition which marks the end of DL 7 yr journey. If you own the Plat edition you get a free upgrade to the Def edition which includes everything they ever released for the game.

Definitive Edition consists of the base game and all 26 DLCs (including skin bundles and expansion packs). It is the best way to experience the content and love we have poured into this game over 7 long years.

That’s not all! We also couldn’t be happier with the awesome community that fully embraced the experience in the city of Harran by constantly motivating us to aim higher and further.
To properly thank you for the unforgettable years with Dying Light, we would like to present everyone with a free DLC — Harran Tactical Unit Bundle.
Do hurry, however! This is a limited-time offer that will be available for only 2 weeks after the Definitive Edition’s premiere!**

**(this offer will be available only in the following stores: Steam, EGS, PS, Xbox, and GOG).

If you already own the Platinum Edition of the game — don’t worry, as you will be automatically upgraded to Definitive Edition for free!
You will be able to enjoy 5 new bundles at no additional cost!

Those who already own the base game but wish to only purchase the bundles and expansion packs can find them for up to 11 USD on Steam.

Additionally, we are announcing a
2XP event starting on 09.06 at 19:00 CEST
and ending on 16.06 at 19.00 CEST. The bonus applies to all skill trees, including Legend. That means it’s a great opportunity to significantly bulk up your character regardless of whether you’re still in the midst of the story campaign, at the start of it, or long done playing it.

Romulus

Playing through The Following now and I have no desire to revisit DL2. The physics are such a downgrade by comparison. Fighting zombies is just way more fun in the first game. Hilarious how many years these games are apart and the first game is just superior in so many ways.

Update:

The whole game isn't free, just the expansion pack is free. This is what they promised a few weeks back I guess.

--

Original:

Not mentioned in games for gold, or game pass. This just seems to be free right now. Not sure if error or deliberate.

Get it before it gets pulled down, I guess.

This has 60 FPS patch for Series X|S

Its because they released the "Def" edition which marks the end of DL 7 yr journey. If you own the Plat edition you get a free upgrade to the Def edition which includes everything they ever released for the game.

Definitive Edition consists of the base game and all 26 DLCs (including skin bundles and expansion packs). It is the best way to experience the content and love we have poured into this game over 7 long years.

That’s not all! We also couldn’t be happier with the awesome community that fully embraced the experience in the city of Harran by constantly motivating us to aim higher and further.
To properly thank you for the unforgettable years with Dying Light, we would like to present everyone with a free DLC — Harran Tactical Unit Bundle.
Do hurry, however! This is a limited-time offer that will be available for only 2 weeks after the Definitive Edition’s premiere!**

**(this offer will be available only in the following stores: Steam, EGS, PS, Xbox, and GOG).

If you already own the Platinum Edition of the game — don’t worry, as you will be automatically upgraded to Definitive Edition for free!
You will be able to enjoy 5 new bundles at no additional cost!

Those who already own the base game but wish to only purchase the bundles and expansion packs can find them for up to 11 USD on Steam.

Additionally, we are announcing a
2XP event starting on 09.06 at 19:00 CEST
and ending on 16.06 at 19.00 CEST. The bonus applies to all skill trees, including Legend. That means it’s a great opportunity to significantly bulk up your character regardless of whether you’re still in the midst of the story campaign, at the start of it, or long done playing it.
Woulda been better if you gave us an xb1x/ps4 pro patch ......4 and 1/2 years ago

Top Bottom