• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2, what mode do you plan on using?

Pick your poison?

• Quality

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Resolution

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Performance

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • I play on PC so all 3 obviously.

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • Still stuck on last gen....

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

KillaJamm

So as Dying Light 2 is finally on the horizon, I thought I'd check what graphics mode people are planning to use on their playthrough. They have recently uploaded 2 videos to YouTube showcasing the 3 modes on offer, one video for the PS5 and one for the Series X. The 3 options are 'Quality', dynamic 4K with ray tracing enabled, 'Resolution', a native 4K image, or 'Performance', which actually states 60fps+, whether that means it actually achieves higher that 60fps we will have to see, but this will obviously have a bigger impact on image quality. Personally I'm going with the 'Quality' preset, what about you?
Here are the links to the videos.

Last edited:

KillaJamm

Probably picking this one up on PC after playing the original on Xbox. Hope it runs well.
Yeah I'm currently playing the first one now via backwards compatibility on PS5 and it holds up really well still, even at 30fps, can't wait to see how the new one looks with ray tracing enabled.

Kuranghi

Can't really tell the difference between the 30fps modes through the youtube video, so I'll wait until release. If anything I think it'll be a toss up between Res and Perf, it depends how much more responsive the game is at 60hz.

If it feels like total crap at 30hz then doesn't really matter how good it looks, but if its dropping frames a lot in Perf mode then thats useless also and I'd go to one of the other two (2) modes.

Banned
PC mode

edit: wtf is that? they show "quality mode with raytracing" and that fucking puddle uses Screen Space reflections xD what the actual fuck? who cut that trailer?

edit 2: same shit in the PS5 trailer :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: trying to show raytracing by looking into a puddle that clearly uses screen space reflections... so does this not have RT reflections and only uses RT shadows/gi/ao or is there really some idiot that cut that trailer and had no idea what he was doing?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Pc mode.

So hopefully dlss 4k\1800p 60 frame high details no rtx or dlss 1440p 60 with rtx.

Depends on how good the rtx stuff is.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
60fps with a dynamic 4K option would be nice. If resolution or quality mode does that I'll choose that. I imagine Ray Tracing will be 30fps so I'll skip that.

Superwave

Banned
Any time I've A/B'd performance and fidelity mode I could never see a difference in the graphics, but playing the game always felt like shit running in fidelity mode.

Now I don't even entertain fidelity mode.

henry-cavill-pc-gamer.gif

PC for sure.

KillaJamm

For games like this on console there should only ever be one choice.

- Performance
Honestly I was waiting for a 60fps patch for the first game for months but I booted it up a few days back and it runs fine at 30fps, hopefully the 60fps mode doesn't have to make too many visual cutbacks or a very noticeable downgrade in resolution, if not I might go with 60.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Will try and shoot for 4k120 DLSS.

Trogdor1123

Performance for me unless the quality mode runs a 60 fps too.

I was watching the trailer and the performance mode is 60+ fps so maybe there will be a chance for vrr to kick in?

KillaJamm

Performance for me unless the quality mode runs a 60 fps too.

I was watching the trailer and the performance mode is 60+ fps so maybe there will be a chance for vrr to kick in?
Yeah the + part is interesting, will have to wait and see if digital foundry drop video before release to see exactly what's what with each mode.

Last gen gameplay.

This might be the way a lot of PS5 owners experience the game for a while, if they want to play with their friends, considering there's no cross-gen co-op support. I would guess the same will be true for Series X.

Last edited:

Stamps1646

PC 2K/120Hz, Ultra Setting + DLSS
I may drop to 60Hz if the RayTracing features are worth it.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wonder how this will run on a 3070. Probably 1440p at 144fps if I play on the monitor, or 4K at 60fps + DLSS if I play on the TV.

Don't care too much about RTX tbh.

KillaJamm

It's a shame they didn't manage higher than 1080p in both 'Performance' and 'Quality' modes but I'm now going to use 'Performance' instead, if I'm getting the same res I might as well double up on the frames.

Ultra Donny

I wanted to play it on quality but ended up in performance mode. The feeling of 60 FPS thumps better shadows and 30 FPS for me. Glad we have the option to choose.

Luipadre

I keep switching between resolution and framerate. The 60 fps is super nice in combat but the game looks like ass. Resolution mode looks good but i miss the 60 in combat. Also performance mode has frame drops and even tearing on PS5... Really wonky optimization

KillaJamm

I keep switching between resolution and framerate. The 60 fps is super nice in combat but the game looks like ass. Resolution mode looks good but i miss the 60 in combat. Also performance mode has frame drops and even tearing on PS5... Really wonky optimization
Yeah I'm in the same boat, about 10 hours in and I've settled on resolution, yeah the combat feels better but it looks terrible, if they ever patch it in the future with either DRS or upscaling I may try Performance again.

Top Bottom