• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human Official Review Thread

Stuart360

I really fell off from the game industry lately.

If the game is at Cyperpunk level of mess why reviewers give it high scores? lol
It makes no sense.
I think if most of the problems reviewers have with the game is bug related, they probably feel they can get fixed.
Plus some of the reviews have seemed to mark it down for the bugs.

Last edited:

Greggy

I'm getting this on PC. Time to put that ryzen 9 and 3080 to use. I'd love the dual sense features but 1080p/60 is not good enough.
What's the cheapest (and legal) way to purchase the CD version? CDKey has it too high now, it was a lot cheaper a week ago.

KaiserBecks

Snitch? The guy is breaking embargo dude, how is this Snitching dude? As an industry professional my job is to protect the publishers and developers and myself as much as possible when it comes to stuff likes this such as stealing information or revealing stuff beforehand that should not be revealed. Yes it is stealing money from me and other media sites/channels it does effect me directly. I have a code of ethics and integrity that I must follow and I am not a fucking bum of the street. If you do not respect that, that's your issue not mine. If you were in my shoes you would understand.

Does that code of ethics involve shitting on IGN and Gamestop while constantly advertising your channel?

Last edited:

IDWhite

Ohh when you passed the game through the profiler with a full fat 4K resolution what FPS were you hitting on both consoles?

The RT mode should be at a higher framerate?....its a locked 30 a locked 40 only benefits people with 120Hz screens and getting to 60 would be highly unstable theres a dynamic day/night cycle and alot of intricate objects that projects shadows and generate occlusion.
So what framerate exactly should they be aiming for?

Are you aware that there are other games whit better performace and image quality on the actual console hardware? Even Metro Exodus which isn't a super well optimized game is an example. Rock solid 60 fps at 1080 - 1440p (4k TAA) whit full raytraced lighting, hybrid reflections and far better materials. And yes i Know they are different games, but this is not the only one that look and perform better.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Are you aware that there are other games whit better performace and image quality on the actual console hardware? Even Metro Exodus which isn't a super well optimized game is an example. Rock solid 60 fps at 1080 - 1440p (4k TAA) whit full raytraced ligthing, hybrid reflections and far better materials. And yes i Know they are different games, but this is not the only one that look and perform better.
I see you have no idea what you are talking about?
Carry on.

Backseat devs need to sit in their lanes and shut the fuck up.

I'm getting this on PC. Time to put that ryzen 9 and 3080 to use. I'd love the dual sense features but 1080p/60 is not good enough.
What's the cheapest (and legal) way to purchase the CD version? CDKey has it too high now, it was a lot cheaper a week ago.
I think you can use the dual sense on PC and the haptic feedback will work.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

It has some good information but Jesus Fuck. . .comedy career or games journalist. Pick one. Preferably the later because this guy is terrible at the former.

. . .and finally having a chance to get in depth with some of the reviews has me thinking of picking it up on PC (not paying 60 bucks for 1080P/60 on nextgeneration console when I can just get that on PC and have control over my graphical options). Particularly that nighttime isn't now an autoskip and actually has a reward beyond SURVIVOR points (that aren't difficult to get from just playing the main missions).

Does that code of ethics involve shitting on IGN and Gamestop while constantly advertising your channel?
Telling people how IGN plagurized someone in the past are just facts, calling out their contradicting reviews is not shitting on someone, its criticizing them. Saying that Greg Kasain and Jeff Gerstman were the one who made Gamespot better than the current staff today is not shitting on anyone. Stop twisting words and learn to read brother. Advertising channels? You must have never worked in business or never heard of aggressive marketing. This is a review thread, you are not forced to click on anyone's links. I am here to provide people info and gameplay with the rules I've been given, your choice whether you want to give someone a click or not, no one is pointing a gun to your head. Relax this is a gaming forum.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah the classic argument of "no idea". I know.
No argument mate.
You were talking as if you had an idea how to optimize or even gauge if a game is optimized or not then went on some conjecture filled tangent.
How one engines performs at resolution x in game y has no bearing on how another engine performs at resolution a in game b.
Eyeballing visuals to dictate how a game "should" behave is equally stupid, but we really have no reason to go any deeper do we?
So having noted you were just chatting shit when this game is practically locked in every mode I realized there was no need to actually keep going.
As such carry on.

KaiserBecks

Telling people how IGN plagurized someone in the past are just facts, calling out their contradicting reviews is not shitting on someone, its criticizing them. Saying that Greg Kasain and Jeff Gerstman were the one who made Gamespot better than the current staff today is not shitting on anyone. Stop twisting words and learn to read brother. Advertising channels? You must have never worked in business or never heard of aggressive marketing. This is a review thread, you are not forced to click on anyone's links. I am here to provide people info and gameplay with the rules I've been given, your choice whether you want to give someone a click or not, no one is pointing a gun to your head. Relax this is a gaming forum.

Doubling down doesn't make you look good. You're representing something and you're not doing a good job of it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I honestly have no idea how well this game will be reviewed. It's kind of a toss up right now, years of development hell, people leaving, polish studio etc. Regardless day one, loved the first.
love it.
tom cruise laughing GIF

Aretak

does he ever have a good time though ? all he ever seems to do is complain about games .
Really not true at all. He even liked Halo Infinite and gave it a 4/5 review. The fact that he doesn't GET HYPE over the latest marketing BS doesn't mean he hates video games.

Solarstrike

Then they add Denuvo to the PC version riiiiight before the game launches. What a debacle. There's no excuse this game shouldn't be a solid 90 across the board. RIP Techland. Wonder if SONY is still going to buy them..

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Are you aware that there are other games whit better performace and image quality on the actual console hardware? Even Metro Exodus which isn't a super well optimized game is an example. Rock solid 60 fps at 1080 - 1440p (4k TAA) whit full raytraced lighting, hybrid reflections and far better materials. And yes i Know they are different games, but this is not the only one that look and perform better.

Metro Exodus doesn't use any form of raytracing for its reflections on console.

IDWhite

No argument mate.
You were talking as if you had an idea how to optimize or even gauge if a game is optimized or not then went on some conjecture filled tangent.
How one engines performs at resolution x in game y has no bearing on how another engine performs at resolution a in game b.
Eyeballing visuals to dictate how a game "should" behave is equally stupid, but we really have no reason to go any deeper do we?
So having noted you were just chatting shit when this game is practically locked in every mode I realized there was no need to actually keep going.
As such carry on.

This is obvious. But the reason for that its called software optimization. This is not the most complex gameplay and ambitious looking game that we are ever seen and is one with the worse performance/quality balance.

Following your logic: Eyeballing visuals to dictate how a game should behave is equally stupid as taking DF and other sources eyeballing analysis as the correct ones.

Metro Exodus doesn't use any form of raytracing for its reflections on console.

Im not saying they use pure RT for reflections. I'm saying hybrid reflections. It uses SSR combined with information from his RTGI solution.

I sent an email to my Techland contact and they replied within 2 minutes and confirmed to me they will be striking down every leak and thanked me for it :) Idiots like these are stealing views from others/or stealing videos from other channels that are leaking and are ruining financial gain for those who are actually working hard. Fuck them.

Strike is A LOT worse than a Copyright claim. Copyright claims just demonetize your video and you can't make money. If you get 3 strikes though, your channel is banned forever.

It's still up. Seems Techland doesn't care about you :(

Certinty

Not buying this game for the voice acting or story so what i’m reading about the gameplay sounds great. Just a shame about the bugs.

Elder Legend Elder Legend Did you ever happen to hear back from Techland or were you able to check for yourself about those cross-gen concerns I mentioned earlier?

Does the PS4 version run at 60 fps when playing on PS5? Can the PS4 and PS5 version use the same save files, so you can jump between the two version and play with friends who are still on PS4?

Elder Legend Elder Legend Did you ever happen to hear back from Techland or were you able to check for yourself about those cross-gen concerns I mentioned earlier?

Does the PS4 version run at 60 fps when playing on PS5? Can the PS4 and PS5 version use the same save files, so you can jump between the two version and play with friends who are still on PS4?
I do not have a PS4 or a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One in my office anymore as I have sold them off. I am not sure about the save files, but that is a good question. I can ask if you wish. I know the game does not support cross-play even on same platforms, but cross-saves, no clue.

I do not have a PS4 or a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One in my office anymore as I have sold them off. I am not sure about the save files, but that is a good question. I can ask if you wish. I know the game does not support cross-play even on same platforms, but cross-saves, no clue.
If you have a PS5, you should be able to download both versions of the game on that console, and then switch between the two. That's what I'm talking about, and what I'm hoping to do. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You should only need a PS5 to check everything I'm talking about.

Last edited:
If you have a PS5, you should be able to download both versions of the game on that console, and then switch between the two. That's what I'm talking about, and what I'm hoping to do. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You should only need a PS5 to check everything I'm talking about.
I do have a PS5, but I was given access to the Xbox Series X version because it is what I requested. And it's all good, worries :)

Last edited:

john2gr

People don't use common sense. Why would techland give reviewers a buggy game without giving them a heads up about the day one patch?

That "day one patch" nonsense is just a smoke screen. But whatever, I am sure people who liked the first game will like this, just tired of gamers being taken advantage of by these publishers.

Here is the thing though, they actually gave us a heads up about the day-1 patch. We've known for over a week that a patch that fixes numerous issues (and adds support for DLSS) would go live prior to the game's launch.

Last edited:

I'll reserve judgement until I see Dying Light 2 running on my own PS5, but Metro has some total ass looking sections. Total shit PS3 quality textures in some places.

Relique

Snitch? The guy is breaking embargo dude, how is this Snitching dude? As an industry professional my job is to protect the publishers and developers and myself as much as possible when it comes to stuff likes this such as stealing information or revealing stuff beforehand that should not be revealed. Yes it is stealing money from me and other media sites/channels it does effect me directly. I have a code of ethics and integrity that I must follow and I am not a fucking bum of the street. If you do not respect that, that's your issue not mine. If you were in my shoes you would understand.
Maybe you don't know the definition of snitching? Snitching on someone is one thing, but parading the fact on a public forum is another. There is also the small issue of badmouthing other journalists in the field. You talk about character, integrity, and ethics so surely you understand all these things are not exactly great character traits. From your posts you come across as someone who is full of themselves. We are all impressed that you get to review games, but it's never a bad idea to humble yourself a little my guy.

Maybe you don't know the definition of snitching? Snitching on someone is one thing, but parading the fact on a public forum is another. There is also the small issue of badmouthing other journalists in the field. You talk about character, integrity, and ethics so surely you understand all these things are not exactly great character traits. From your posts you come across as someone who is full of themselves. We are all impressed that you get to review games, but it's never a bad idea to humble yourself a little my guy.
Huh? I am not trying to impress anyone dude I have been doing this for almost 10 years. I know who I am and do not need validation. I am full of myself? You clearly did not read some of the peoples replies here. Little guy? I didn't know you know what someone may or may not look like in real life. Good job dude, nice fortune telling.

Go ahead continue with your dog piling bullshit. For fuck's sake man - ResetEra is >>>>> this way, they enjoy dogpilers. I think you belong there.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Skill Up tested 1440p on a 2080ti and managed an average of 55fps and 80fps with FSR enabled. Techland should use FSR on consoles to up the base resolution.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Jebus Krist the reviews are all over the place.. From doodoo to masterpiece, from buggy mess to praising the stability, wat the fuggin is going on..

Last edited:
Skill Up tested 1440p on a 2080ti and managed an average of 55fps and 80fps with FSR enabled. Techland should use FSR on consoles to up the base resolution.
I've noticed the trend with Polish devs that the optimization is always on the iffy side or is it just me?

Relique

Huh? I am not trying to impress anyone dude I have been doing this for almost 10 years. I know who I am and do not need validation. I am full of myself? You clearly did not read some of the peoples replies here. Little guy? I didn't know you know what someone may or may not look like in real life. Good job dude, nice fortune telling.

Go ahead continue with your dog piling bullshit. For fuck's sake man - ResetEra is >>>>> this way, they enjoy dogpilers. I think you belong there.
I didn't call you a little guy, and I am not dogpiling. I replied to the couple of posts that I saw of you. You can be dismissive if you want. I pretty much expected as much. Anyway I derailed enough so I'll stop here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom