• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 | Live Presentation On May 27

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
dl_2_steam.gif

Techland has revealed more information about the highly anticipated game, starting with the release date. Dying Light 2 will be out on December 7th
Here is a new gameplay trailer and the full presentation:

ss_37a0e9b611c3a3515e84e35f22796257d4601b2e.jpg
ss_4990e715894ff9411484f49d711dce419d4010c6.jpg
ss_ff38bf9182b04020a92211be2ef2e59f14e59159.jpg
ss_84afc7d550506f355b7cdeb37f0d55240642c3db.jpg

Last edited:

kyussman

Glad to see this after all the speculation around this games development....I won't be tuning in at 3am UK time though,lol.....Dying Light was one of my very favorite games on PS4 so I'm looking forward to this a lot.....will be playing the next gen version,when I finally get a next gen console of course.

Maybe with announcement they will do a surprise update to 4k/60 on the OG. I'm digging the ms 60 fps but oof the anti aliasing and wonky 1080p conversion.

scalman

at last some new good games coming to live at least in trailer states, hope for gameplay trailer
those are my kind of games , this far cry 6 and Horizon 2 i will be playing them . then ill wait for new racings...

Last edited:

intbal

Dammit! I'm lagging behind the stream.
Now the rest of the world will see Dying Light 2 four seconds before I do!

scalman

doesnt look that much next gen as visuals go but overall feel looks to be very good , as 1st game gameplay is just superb.

intbal

doesnt look that much next gen as visuals go but overall feel looks to be very good , as 1st game gameplay is just superb.
It's still for Xbox One/PS4.
And I think they said previously that The City is the same size as the Slums and Old Town combined from DL1.

whyman

I guess current gen arrived and left a Dying Light behind. The graphics, gameplay mechanics and story all scream last gen imo. AAA last gen that is, but still outdated. I feel like this will be overshadowed by true current gen games this fall.

Bartski

Gold Member
Doesn’t look like a downgrade from 2019 which is already a positive. Winder how much the conbat has evolved for the sequel. They seem to be ready to drop some extended ganeplay footage soon

intbal

Doesn’t look like a downgrade from 2019 which is already a positive. Winder how much the conbat has evolved for the sequel. They seem to be ready to drop some extended ganeplay footage soon
Not evolved, I'm guessing. More of a lateral move. They said there were no guns in the game. So it's going to be all improvised blade/blunt weapons and physical melee combat. That's what they said earlier, anyway. But I'm certain I saw one pistol in that trailer just now.

Rikkori

I don't think the presentation built much hype tbh, but that's fine, I think this is one of those cases where you really need to get your hands on the game and feel how it plays to get a proper bearing on it. I look forward to trying it out even though I didn't end up playing the first one for too long. Personally I really like the build a base/community aspect for these kind of zombie games, so I'm more of a SoDecay person. This looks different from the first one and more open-worldish so that's why I'd give it a shot.

wArTHEIST

Neo Member
Looks good.

I guess I'll try to get into Dying Light 1 again, I'm 8 hours in and somehow stopped playing years ago, I can't remember why.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
As always, I really hope this turns out well. The first was a super underrated gem.

martino

the lore seems well thought and flesh out ...lot of ambitious ideas everywhere for gameplay , narration on a package that feel coherent presenting it.
the cyberpunk trauma is not forgotten (and this kind of communication doesn't help)
we'll see what this turn out to be when in our hands but if the game deliver all its promises it will be something really special

Last edited:
Top Bottom