• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying at the same time you defeat a boss?

GloveSlap

The first time i managed to almost get passed the infamous two archers in Dark Souls, I fell off right after knocking the 2nd one off. I could have cried. It took a while after that to get passed it as well.

Arachnid

It counts it as a win for you in GOAT Dark Souls.

65d.png

Bombolone

Gold Member
Back in the day. My brothers and I were going through Pitfall (Sega Genesis)
proxy-image

We made it to the final boss...
proxy-image

my sister walks in front of the tv and trips on the power cord. I dont remember how the save system worked back in those days. Just remember the feeling of devastation.

Pachi72

Another classic boss scenario for me from Bloodborne/Dark Souls is this:

I'm just about to beat the boss and it's health is down to just one hit left, when it hits me, I get knocked down, and I believe I'm dead so I drop the controller in frustration. Then my character gets up and I realize, oh shit - I've got like 1 HP left so I could either heal myself or hit the boss and kill it!

... Only to realize this half a second too late, and it kills me. Fun times.
Then you beat him and he goes into his 2nd phase 😕🔫

I remember fighting two dragons on a mountaintop in Skyrim, and after finally killing them I get fucked from behind by a cave bear. After I reload the save I discover I'm 20 minutes away from where I was.

I think I ended that playthrough right there.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Funnily enough, dying at the same time as you defeat another player in tema oriented multiplayer games feels way, way better, at least for me.
One of the few things that feel way, way better in multiplayer games than single player is pretty much this. Fighting an equal skill level opponent resulting in moments of you both killing each other at the exact same fraction of time is always one of the coolest feelings in a PvP game.

Top Bottom