• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: PS5 costs around $600 at launch to produce

Kumomeme

Wouldnt they have signed as agreement months in advance before covid to produce said product and they would get paid said amount, cost etc
well it probably depend on how they negotiate with supplier. sometimes if the material cost increasing, surely supplier also cant afford to eat loss.

Garjon

I don't think it's controversial to say that both of the consoles are very expensive to produce, possibly more than either company expected and that they would have to take a loss on each console sold to get them to a reasonable price point to buyers. Both companies will surely have targeted a 499 price point from the beginning, to not do so would be a huge own goal.

Bryank75

Banned
I don't think it's controversial to say that both of the consoles are very expensive to produce, possibly more than either company expected and that they would have to take a loss on each console sold to get them to a reasonable price point to buyers. Both companies will surely have targeted a 499 price point from the beginning, to not do so would be a huge own goal.
Yeah, I don't expect them to take a loss on the disc one... 500 or 550 at the most is fine. The DE, I think they should try to hit 399 if they can but all we have is that Bloomberg? article to go on regarding BOM.

RCU005

The most surprising thing about all this, is that people still believe this guy when he has already proved himself an Xbox fanboy.

If people believe him is because they love drama (or are stupid), I truly hope is the former.

Did you see the update?

Screenshot-2020-09-13-142829.png

What?
70.000 YEN?

Series X is below 50.000 YEN

quest

Not Banned from OT
They cant go higher than 499. Otherwise people will just buy Xbox Series X
No they won't lol. Not 1 sony warrior is leaving over 50-100 dollars at this point. Microsoft is going cheap on the S to transition gamepass members over and bring in new customers to the market not converting Sony fans. The console market lost a 100 million from last generation to this mostly casuals and families. They are hoping to get some of them with the S. The tablet and 99 cent games hurt bringing new gamers into the market. Microsoft is hoping gamepass and the S can change that.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Guess we will see soon enough, god help this guy if he is wrong. It will look very bad after what he admitted the last time.

Not really. You don’t have to look far on Reberto twitter account to find his last wrong/false tweets. Yet his next tweet get posted here as a rumor and GAF members supposed to be informed. Only GAF mods can stop this.

mejin

A line should be drawn. Him and that Italian dude and Tidux and many more are spreading false information that bring nothing but chaos and derail threads.

He's a lot worse than those two imo. He does have some legitimate sources, so he hits some rumors. But precisely because he has this history he uses this credibility to spread FUD.

Some people are really gullible, so They hear and think it is true. The evil of the action is right there.

oldergamer

God his tweets rival trumps.
Tweets something
I didnt say that, what I meant to say was.
You're misreading what I said I didnt say that
Im not doing this for hits
Not even close to trumps. You guys are ridiculous . Anything to discredit an opinion or someone u dont like. Its honestly pathetic.

Im going to agree with his estimate. 550 to 499 for the disc version.

People forget that we have had two generations in a row where the weaker console was more expensive at launch for inclusion of features or hardware later removed. (yes ps3 was the weaker console and xbox one was weaker.)

Might not be the case this time but sony has always thought its brand was premium. Anyway two days away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised that PlayStation 5 costs around $600 as it is more expensive to manufacture than Xbox Series X. If anything, this is a given. Dusk Golem is one of the very few PlayStation insiders that I believe along with Shinobi and Colin.

Since im buying PS5, im hoping for $500 for the Disc Edition.

Portugeezer

Weird timing for someone who doesn't know shit to say this, cast the net as wide as possible, keep going bro.

Why is the weaker console more expensive to produce? Bullshit?
Only reason I could imagine is the super fast SSD and better controller. But then they save money on the GPU, due to having fewer CU's, which is typically the most expensive component in a console, IIRC.

So it seems like it should balance out and match Series X price.

semicool

Banned
Report from Boomblerg says it cost $450

DuskGollem says it cost $600

One of them has to be lying cos both of them cant be right at the same time

One of them already proven as fud and banned from Era

Il leave it to you guys to judge and decide which one it is
Yeah but isn't Bloomberg owned by Michael Bloomberg?

SuperGooey

Anybody who knows Dusk Golem for his Resident Evil3 "leaks" know he isn't reliable and anytime he is called out for giving false information, he crumbles. Please stop giving this guy attention.

GxKWKuy.png

uCKUUaV.png

vi3qIdh.png

Also, Dusk Golem DID NOT LEAK RESIDENT EVIL 8. People credit him for that, but it was this person who leaked it:

oeDRLEQ.png

hemo memo

Gold Member
Not surprised that PlayStation 5 costs around $600 as it is more expensive to manufacture than Xbox Series X. If anything, this is a given. Dusk Golem is one of the very few PlayStation insiders that I believe along with Shinobi and Colin.

Since im buying PS5, im hoping for $500 for the Disc Edition.

No. They’re not going to price it $599 when the XSX is $499 and especially in this Covid situation. They didn’t wait for Microsoft just go above.

Alphagear

Disk version will not be more than $499.

Question is how much cheaper the digital version. Personally I reckon it will be $50 cheaper.

onQ123

No way Sony is making the weaker console more expensive. My prediction: 449 and 399.
PS5 is not weaker than Xbox Series X
Why is the weaker console more expensive to produce? Bullshit?

Show me anything that proves PS5 is the weaker console?

We are still waiting for Microsoft to show games running on Xbox Series X that don't look like games running on Xbox One X

Kokoloko85

Yeah Sony isn’ts releasing a console for 599....

We’ve already had the PS3 generation, I don’t Sony will do the same thing. Especially since the only person who has really spoke about price is Cerny and from what he has mentioned twice is I think they know what the sweet point

Top Bottom