• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkey - Battlefield 2077

kyliethicc

funny donkey

uILwW3C.jpg

oof

Yy69Q47.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair the hover craft flying into the helicopter was pretty sick.

Anyway on a dumber note: What the fuck are modern FPS military games anyway? Dice looks like it's throwing everything but the kitchen sink at their franchise. Looks like a thirteen year old with the worst recorded case of ADHD in history designed this. Oh how the mighty have fallen...

RafterXL

Anyway on a dumber note: What the fuck are modern FPS military games anyway? Dice looks like it's throwing everything but the kitchen sink at their franchise. Looks like a thirteen year old with the worst recorded case of ADHD in history designed this. Oh how the mighty have fallen...
They are definitely designed for people who can't watch a movie without also checking their phone every 30 seconds, while listening to a podcast in the background. People who need constant stimulation or complain about being bored.

Kenpachii

played the game for 20 hours, didn't had any of the problems the guy was pointing out. Game is pretty much on spot with the trailer just a bit less crowded and explosions everywhere. But its pretty darn all out warfare in 128 player modes.

Flabagast

They are definitely designed for people who can't watch a movie without also checking their phone every 30 seconds, while listening to a podcast in the background. People who need constant stimulation or complain about being bored.
Yep, they are for stupid people

They really need to try to get back to basics. Make an awesome, tight WWII shooter that doesn’t try to turn the player into 1940s Master Chief.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Nah its the truth...

Uh huh, why don't we just let the game sell and see what happens, because last time I checked Battlefield V had the exact same sort of issues at launch and of course people flocked to that once all the nay sayers got bored right?

Ah wait no that didn't happen because even once updated the game wasn't worth playing never mind paying for. Yeah I think most people are wise enough to wait and see rather than drop £50 on hot garbage right now.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats what BF games have always been.

To beat COD:

1. Release the game early by a month (not this time though)

2. Make maps as big as possible with tons of shit in it, and hope it sells based on quantity of stuff.

COD is like decent restaurant. Not perfect by any means. But you know what you'll get. BF is like a sketchy buffet. You get more stuff but it runs worse and has more bugs.

kyliethicc

There's an agenda against this game. The game is awesome, Same thing trolls did to TLOU II...
Nah man. The Last of Us Part II is a great game, loved by players and critics. 300+ GOTYs.

Then sure some people didn't like it, and a few of em trolled. Was inevitable.

Battlefield 2042 on the other hand is no where near as high quality or polished. Anyone can see the difference.

DeaDPo0L84

Nah I don't like petty hive mind reviews. From people who didn't like sundance so they bombed the game. Won't you admit that?
You're trying to make it seem like this is another LOU2 situation and it simply isn't, the game has a laundry list of issues. Why you choose to defend it is beyond me. If you're personally enjoying it fine but the issues are widespread and your constant gaslighting as if people are lying and the game is actually perfect as is says a lot about yourself and the standard of which you're willing to accept for a "finished" product.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Nah man. The Last of Us Part II is a great game, loved by players and critics. 300+ GOTYs.

Then sure some people didn't like it, and a few of em trolled. Was inevitable.

Battlefield 2042 on the other hand is no where near as high quality or polished. Anyone can see the difference.

I don't disagree with you, but they are just different games.

Even with The Last Of Us 2 being praised by many, lets not pretend that game didn't have a devoted following trying to attack it at every opportunity based on "wooooke" and then review bombing a 30 hour game, based on less then 5 minutes of release lol

BF 2042 clearly is a different game, it doesn't mean such a thing can't also occur with it.

So I'm not saying you are wrong that a difference is here in terms of quality or polish, simply that such a thing would occur based on them being different games by default in the first place. The fact that Naughty Dog is even STILL working on that MP portion and they only work on 1 system shows clearly they can't do what DICE does with that level of quality or polish, but DICE not having a single player this time around can't do what Naughty Dog does in that department and thats all we can really put together on that. They simply can't out do each other in those departments.

I see this as not an either or, but as a both....as in 2042 has issues, but 2042 can also be review bombed based on the whole woke thing too...

I recall that happening to Far Cry 5 and at the time I even ignored the game as many people made it sound like the game was just the WORST, only to find they were just triggered over some shit that had nothing to do with the game itself, I bought it years later and its now my favorite of the series. The moment folks start crying about "woke" and giving 0/10, I can't take the view being made seriously any longer, it means I need to factor what is wrong with the game itself, might be exaggerated as we saw with The Last Of Us 2 fake outrage reviews.

DeaDPo0L84 DeaDPo0L84 I don't think its completely a Last Of Us 2 situation, but I believe some of it likely is. I believe real issues exist with the game, but I also believe many of those fake scores are based on the whole woke thing, its hard to say that doesn't factor at all here.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
who the hell designed the garbage as UI in this game? all in all, the gimmicky weather tornados are the only thing about the game. rest of it feels like it was slapped together and hoped for the best. feels free to play all around. tried it on gamepass ultimate ea access trial for a few minutes

Last edited:

Coked up suits making design decisions.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

who the hell designed the garbage as UI in this game? all in all, the gimmicky weather tornados are the only thing about the game. rest of it feels like it was slapped together and hoped for the best. feels free to play all around. tried it on gamepass ultimate ea access trial for a few minutes
The menus are the worst on a controller

Last edited:
Top Bottom