"Switch version includes optional gyroscopic aiming, HD rumble, motion controls, and local wireless multiplayer. "
Includes 8 new levels
Includes 8 new levels
Gearbox Publishing will release Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on June 23, the publisher announced. From now until July 7, users can purchase Duke Nukem…
Gearbox Publishing will release Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on June 23, the publisher announced.
From now until July 7, users can purchase Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour for Switch at a 50 percent discount price of $9.99.
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in October 2016.
Here is an overview of the Switch version, via Gearbox Publishing:
This edition of the landmark first-person-shooter contains the 1996 classic Duke Nukem 3D in its full glory with classic Jon St. John one-liners, Bobby Prince’s legendary soundtrack, an all-new episode containing eight original levels from original designers Richard “Levelord” Grey and Allen H. Blum III, and Nintendo Switch specific features, ported to the new platform by Sonka Games.
- Nintendo Switch Specific Features – Utilize the Nintendo Switch to its fullest with optional gyroscopic aiming, HD rumble, motion controls, and local wireless multiplayer.
- All New Episode Five – Complete an all-new episode containing eight original levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III, and Richard “Levelord” Gray.
- New Music and One-liners – Episode Five has original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John.
- In-Game Developer Commentary – All-new behind-the-scenes original development team commentary accessible in-game.
- Optionally Remastered – Play the game using the Ken Silverman’s original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at high fidelity and enhanced frame rate using Gearbox’s “True3D” graphics engine.