• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem’ Movie in the Works from ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators

Deerock71

Duke Wokem

Vlz91ou.jpg
Is that Jamie Lee Curtis?

Kev Kev

but cobra kai was so bubble gum and.... bad.

how is that team going to pull off duke nukem lol? so weird

give it to the people who made Hobo With A Shotgun and then ill be excited hahaha that shit would be insane

Holammer

Hope they don't make the mistake of saddling him with a diverse cast of stereotypes as supporting characters just to check all the boxes, you know the types. Like the young POC hacker with a backpack girl that's the actual lead character in the movie. Just have Duke and maybe the crazy old prospector with the Donkey from DNF as a comedy sidekick making fun of Duke at every turn.

Heard good things about Cobra Kai, so maybe they'll find a formula.

WitchHunter

Call Jason Statham.
Call Mark Neveldine.
Call Bryan Taylor.
Kick Cobra Kai creators.

Project done + success guaranteed.

Last edited:

SCB3

Kobra Kai was okish.

A Duke Nukem movie in 2022 is almost impossible with the current insane pop culture trigger wars.
Theres a way to do it where Duke is more a man out of his time, like what he says now people cringe at, think Johnny Bravo like, thats what I thought Forever was gonna be like tbh

Batiman

Banned
Interested only because of the creators. They’re good at writing and good at continuing to keep a series enjoyable through 4 seasons. Cobra kais always fun yet cheesy. Probably perfect for something like Duke

LordCBH

Who the fuck asked for this? Maybe it’ll be good? But it’s 2022 so it won’t be Duke. It’ll be someone trying to look like Duke.

Elysion

Banned
As others have mentioned, this might work if he’s waking up in the present from some kind of cryogenic sleep or something. A Demolition Man take on our current era could be fun – but only if the writers are willing to go there.

Alandring

Johnny Depp would be great as Duke.

Duke Nukem is probably one of the hardest IP to adapt, but if someone can do it, it's definitely the creators of Cobra Kai.

I'm excited.

It is funny how much hate and negativity a lot of gamers give the franchise. It had some mis-steps- but the core ideas (of the franchise) are still needed. Action, humor, 80's horror and action references. Nail those (John Cena could easily fill that role), and we're golden!

EruditeHobo

Peacemaker sold me on Cena.

This isn't a bad shout.

But I think you get a better actor... Hemsworth would destroy this, he's got everything you need. Age him up with some stubble & decent makeup, that's a match made in heaven IMO.

Deadpool is just a funny guy. Not a macho alpha male womanizer.

Duke Nukem is tongue in cheek af... it's making fun of the stereotype as much as celebrating it.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

This isn't a bad shout.

But I think you get a better actor... Hemsworth would destroy this, he's got everything you need. Age him up with some stubble & decent makeup, that's a match made in heaven IMO.

Duke Nukem is tongue in cheek af... it's making fun of the stereotype as much as celebrating it.
I don't hate the idea of Hemsworth, but honestly, I think John Cena might actually be a better actor 🤔

Duke Wokem

Vlz91ou.jpg
I would watch the shit out of that as long as Duke being a woman in this day and age is acknowledged as part of the tongue in cheek satire. Imagine all the shitalk she could get away with, in fact she'd probably be able to spout of all Duke's 90 one liners and be praised instead of criticized!

Top Bottom