Release Latest Preview Build · stenzek/duckstation · GitHub
Universal Windows Platform / Xbox OneThe DuckStation fullscreen UI is available for the Universal Windows Platform and Xbox One.
To use on Xbox One:
NOTE: I'd recommend using a USB drive for saving memory cards, as the local state directory will be removed when you uninstall the app.
- Ensure your console is in developer mode. You will need to purchase a developer license from Microsoft.
- Download the duckstation-uwp.appx file.
- Navigate to the device portal for your console (displayed in the home screen).
- Install the appx file by clicking Add in the main page.
- Set the app to Game mode instead of App mode: Scroll down to DuckStation in the listinng, press the Change View button, select View Details, and change App to Game.
- Upload a BIOS image to the local state directory for DuckStation, or place your BIOS image on a removable USB drive. If using a USB drive, you will need to set the BIOS path in DuckStation's settings to point to this directory.
- Add games to the local state games directory, or use a removable USB drive. Again, you will have to register this path in Game List Settings for it to scan.
- Launch the app, and enjoy. By default, the Change View button will open the quick menu.
- Don't forget to enable enhancements, an Xbox One S can do 8x resolution scale with 4K output, Series consoles can go higher.