• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShockers: Spider-Man on PS5 Won’t Have Physical Release, Saves Won’t Transfer from PS4 Version

nordique

really deflated my hype for this version of the game.

I think if I get a ps5 during the launch window, ill just stick with the Miles Morales standalone

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Those features don't sound like it, but sure, i don't say it's bad, i'm just saying it's a good port.
Good PC ports have lots of features that you don't see in consoles, like smoke fluid in batman or way higher LOD like DS, etc.

TLoU Remaster was rebuilt in PS4, making the game have bugs that weren't even there in PS3, same with the Uncharted Collection.

But how do you know that Spider-Man Remastered hasn't been rebuilt or isn't being rebuilt from scratch for PlayStation 5 as was TLoU Remastered for the PlayStation4? How do you know that there won't be new effects in addition to ray tracing, which is a huge change in and of itself?

So let me get this straight...people are up in arms because a save file won't transfer from the ps4 version to the remastered version? When have they ever transferred to a remaster? Wtf are you people going on about...seems like a whole lot of salt that Microsoft is going to sell 25% the amount of Xbox as Sony is going to sell ps5's. Bookmark it.

Keihart

But how do you know that Spider-Man Remastered hasn't been rebuilt or isn't being rebuilt from scratch for PlayStation 5 as was TLoU Remastered for the PlayStation4? How do you know that there won't be new effects in addition to ray tracing, which is a huge change in and of itself?
Doesn't look like it going by MM, but fair point, let's wait and see how much difference there is beside integrating Ray Tracing and uping the sliders of the other settings. I'm going by what's being shown and mentioned about the "remaster".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
iu

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
How are the due hard physical media posters not lining up to boycott sony over this life altering travesty???

sn0man

Luckily I fully completed it and have no interest in playing it through again. Sucks for those who wanted to continue playing.

No physical is version is lame
Yeah was hoping for a complete edition and initially though the PS5 version might be that. No physical is very sad. 😢

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Doesn't look like it going by MM, but fair point, let's wait and see how much difference there is beside integrating Ray Tracing and uping the sliders of the other settings. I'm going by what's being shown and mentioned about the "remaster".

The reason that The Last of Us had to be rebuilt from scratch for the PlayStation 4 was the radically different architecture of the PlayStation 3's processor (PS3's PowerPC CELL Broadband Engine vs PS4's traditional x86 processor). However, the architecture of the PlayStation 4's processor and that of the PlayStation 5 are both x86; hence, Spider-Man doesn't have to be rebuilt from scratch.

As for the difference in picture quality and graphical effects between Spider-Man Remastered and the regular version, I think that it'll be just as significant as that between the two versions of The Last of Us. and

Dthomp

Man you guys just want to be angry at everything these days do t you? I get to replay and re earn all my trophies from one of my favorite PS4 games along with MM. Honestly, the amount of people who have a safe from Spider-Man that isn’t from the last month that hasn’t finished it wasn’t going to finish it. This is not news

MrMephistoX

Sony is dropping the ball with this big time. MS now basically has three generations worth of content and potential Bethesda is xclusives on their box with emulation based upgrades. If this exists Sony needs to announce it stat.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Have people not considered that the real reason why they can't just patch in a true PS5 upgrade is because the way data was laid out to facilitate streaming on PS4 (loads of duplicated assets) is completely inappropriate for PS5's SSD. Not to mention how large its footprint would get if texture sizes were increased.

Have people not considered that the real reason why they can't just patch in a true PS5 upgrade is because the way data was laid out to facilitate streaming on PS4 (loads of duplicated assets) is completely inappropriate for PS5's SSD. Not to mention how large its footprint would get if texture sizes were increased.
People don't like to think before posting.
Also it's more fun for them to just troll all day.

Zoro7

Banned
Why do people want saves to transfer? Like why would you pay extra and not play the game from the beginning til the end?

supernova8

Banned
Why do people want saves to transfer? Like why would you pay extra and not play the game from the beginning til the end?

You can have save transfers AND play the game from the beginning if you wanted to. What if you'd gotten about half way through?
I think most people just expected it would be a Smart Delivery-style upgrade but Sony seem to have gone down the "burn these bridges" route.

Zoro7

Banned
You can have save transfers AND play the game from the beginning if you wanted to. What if you'd gotten about half way through?
I think most people just expected it would be a Smart Delivery-style upgrade but Sony seem to have gone down the "burn these bridges" route.
Id rather experience the remastered version from the beginning and Ive already platinum'd the game. It'll be like a new experience.

GymWolf

If there is a mode where i can nuclearize both the redhead bitch and token spidey from the game i don't have a problem with starting a new campaign...

Falc67

Why are we expected to purchase Spiderman Remastered when we haven't seen what it looks like?

If I order Miles Morales standard version, will I be able to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition later on for an extra 20?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s agreed it’s the right decision which is a rough decision for collectors but SONY makes a right point, sometimes following in the footsteps of a legend like PC Gaming, Steam is the right step. Digital speeds is too good today.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

wha.. what? lol I had to read this post 7 times for it register. lol

Its the same game. ther eis no reason for the saves not to transfer.

Last edited:

Aion002

ReliableSameFluke-size_restricted.gif

2020 keeps giving it's best to fuck everything.

My country is literally on fire because of incompetent politicians, shitty virus from China fucking everything and now Jimbo decided to make the PS5 a joke....

Each news of the PS5 makes me closer to the Series X....

cd8

VulcanRaven

I wonder what will be the price? It would be stupid if the people who already own the game would need to buy remastered version that costs 30 dollars.

Last edited:
Why would you want your save to carry over from the PS4 version? If you've already played it and you want to buy it again for a remastered version, wouldn't you just want to play the game again?

Top Bottom