• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShockers: Spider-Man on PS5 Won’t Have Physical Release, Saves Won’t Transfer from PS4 Version

Grinchy

Banned
This is just saying that the remastered first game is not getting some standalone physical release, right? No one thought it was though.

The actual PS5 release of Miles that includes the remastered PS4 game for $70 is a physical release though. Isn't that right? I feel like this was written in a misleading way.

Mr Moose

This is just saying that the remastered first game is not getting some standalone physical release, right? No one thought it was though.

The actual PS5 release of Miles that includes the remastered PS4 game for $70 is a physical release though. Isn't that right? I feel like this was written in a misleading way.
Yeah, it's clickbait.
You get a DLC code for the remaster with the physical disc of MM Ultimate.
I can't transfer my saves to any remasters, not sure why people are surprised by that.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Never forget

rh1z06Q.gif

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Now I'm not a fan of not being able to transfer saves, but is this really that big of a deal?

Well, I platinumed the main game but I never played through the DLC. Would have been nice to do the three expansions on the PS5 in the remastered edition. But now not only have to rebuy the game, I also have to play the entire game again. That's out of the question.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Is there any remaster that allows the use of saves from original version? I honestly don't know

Not that I can think of. You also have to add cross generation into the equation with the PS5 version getting a new set of trophies so that would be a further limiter.

Mmnow

what IF ... it is the first PSN Plus game...
I said this months ago. It'd be a clever way of showing off the upgrade to PS5, it'd sell copies of MM and it'd drive early adoption from folks that didn't want to miss out on a great free game.

... Then they announced it was the premium prize in a collectors set and that you couldn't even take your save with you.

Not sure Sony will do my idea now.

Audiophile

So if someone sells their physical copy after using the code it goes from being the ultimate edition to the standard edition. I'm fine with their not being a separate release, but manufacturing an extra disc to go in the box for SM 2018 costs about a tuppence ha'penny at this point.

Last edited:

There's no physical release period, not just standalone. The $70 MM edition is gonna come with a code to download Spiderman Remastered.

Mmnow

Is there any remaster that allows the use of saves from original version? I honestly don't know
This isn't really a remaster in the traditional sense though. The PS4 couldn't play ps3 games, so a remaster was naturally treated as a completely different beast.

With this, you can have a working PS4 save on your PS5, use it to play the exact same game so long as its the PS4 version, but not import it into the PS5 version.

There has to be some vague technical reason because it would be ridiculous as a carrot to get people to play again. But it does just come across as bizarre.

Grinchy

Banned
There's no physical release period, not just standalone. The $70 MM edition is gonna come with a code to download Spiderman Remastered.
Right, so when did anyone think a PS5-only version of the PS4 game was being sold physically? I've never heard anyone expecting that until this thread.

Mr Moose

So if someone sells their physical copy after using the code it goes from being the ultimate edition to the standard edition. Manufacturing an extra disc costs about a tuppence ha'penny at this point. Another FU to someone who buys the standard PS5 for $100 more.
One of the reasons I didn't buy Destiny 2 Forsaken used, some fucker would have used the code lol.

Right, so when did anyone think a PS5-only version of the PS4 game was being sold physically? I've never heard anyone expecting that until this thread.
Why would anyone expect it not to be sold physically? Literally the last time they did this with Last of Us remastered the PS4 version got a physical release.

The Spider-Man remaster will likely be an early PS Plus bonus game, so everyone is better off waiting to get it for free anyway. Miles Morales will probably cost $20 before too long as well.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Remaster is a different game. So its entirely possible to run PS4 Spiderman in boosted mode on PS5, while also having the remaster installed and running at the same time.
Its not complicated, and in fact it kinda shows a flaw with the whole "smart delivery" thing in that it frees up the uograded version to have new trophies and any other additions the devs decide to add in.

Arun1910

TLoU remastered didn't transfer saves nor was it a free upgrade.

Spider-man's non upgrade press makes no sense to me, it isn't the first 1st party game to do so.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Are you winning son?
iu
iu

They could just add an option to export your save from the base game, but yeah, probably rushed...can't ask for more overtime, they must be crunching hard right now.

I think that the reason that save files are not transferable is that Insomniac/ Sony want players to play the entirety of the remaster rather than start from the middle and not appreciate the entirety of the developers' efforts.

plip.plop

So what does that mean for the ps4 backward compatibility program? Are you going to have to start a new game for all the ps4 titles you want to play on the PS5?

Mr Moose

So what does that mean for the ps4 backward compatibility program? Are you going to have to start a new game for all the ps4 titles you want to play on the PS5?
No, saves for PS4 games will transfer to PS5 for BC, just not for remasters, because they are "new" games.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I think that the reason that save files are not transferable is that Insomniac/ Sony want players to play the entirety of the remaster rather than start from the middle and not appreciate the entirety of the developers' efforts.
If true, I'm sorry but they can both fuck outta hea with that crock of bullshit.

ANIMAL1975

Exactly, if this is a new remastered version and not just the original one patched, then it's normal that there isn't cross saving. People are forgetting that PS5 is BC with 4 you don't have to spend money on the remastered Spiderman, you can play its original version, maybe even on a enhanced version in boost mode. The remaster is for who hasn't played it yet, and/or for those who doesn't mind paying second time for all the bells and whistles.

KingT731

tenor.gif

Hopefully not but we don't have much in the way of BC details.
From what was said saves etc transfer. This is specifically for the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC.

bender

What time is it?
Exactly, if this is a new remastered version and not just the original one patched, then it's normal that there isn't cross saving. People are forgetting that PS5 is BC with 4 you don't have to spend money on the remastered Spiderman, you can play its original version, maybe even on a enhanced version in boost mode. The remaster is for who hasn't played it yet, and/or for those who doesn't mind paying second time for all the bells and whistles.

They could at least tell us if there is an upgrade path and the cost.

KingT731

They could at least tell us if there is an upgrade path and the cost.
"Spider-Man: Miles Morales will run players $49.99 regardless of platform. Players who purchase Miles Morales on PS4 can also upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at a later date. "

bender

What time is it?
"Spider-Man: Miles Morales will run players $49.99 regardless of platform. Players who purchase Miles Morales on PS4 can also upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at a later date. "

Not Miles Morales. Spider Man. We know it's available in the Deluxe Edition of Miles Morales but not if it will be available stand alone, or as an upgrade and at what cost.

Last edited:

Keihart

Let's not kid ourselves here, this is looking to be as much of a remaster as a good PC port, this is no TLoU remaster where they had to make the game again from the ground up.

scydrex

So Spiderman Remaster will be digital stand alone? Will it include the DLC? I pre ordered Miles Morales Ultimate because i never brought Spiderman but not interested in Mile Morales right now. Maybe some day i will get it at a lower price but not 70.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Let's not kid ourselves here, this is looking to be as much of a remaster as a good PC port, this is no TLoU remaster where they had to make the game again from the ground up.

I don't agree. This remaster will feature ray tracing, higher-quality character and object models (i.e. more details and higher resolution), higher density of NPCs and therefore new NPCs in order to minimize redundancy, higher frame rate and higher screen resolution. So, yes, this remaster will be just as different from its original version as TLoU Remastered is from its original version.

Keihart

I don't agree. This remaster will feature ray tracing, higher-quality character and object models (i.e. more details and higher resolution), higher density of NPCs and therefore new NPCs in order to minimize redundancy, higher frame rate and higher screen resolution. So, yes, this remaster will be just as different from its original version as TLoU Remastered is from its original version.
Those features don't sound like it, but sure, i don't say it's bad, i'm just saying it's a good port.
Good PC ports have lots of features that you don't see in consoles, like smoke fluid in batman or way higher LOD like DS, etc.

TLoU Remaster was rebuilt in PS4, making the game have bugs that weren't even there in PS3, same with the Uncharted Collection.
So Spiderman Remaster will be digital stand alone? Will it include the DLC? I pre ordered Miles Morales Ultimate because i never brought Spiderman but not interested in Mile Morales right now. Maybe some day i will get it at a lower price but not 70.
MM it's like 40, the package of spiderman remaster plus MM it's 70

Last edited:

Vitter.

Well, of course. Is a remaster not just un upres... your regular PS4 version though will work fine on PS5 and use the same saves.

Consumer

do we know the price yet of the standalone remaster? I remember a thread about $70, but that doesn't seem right since it's a $30 upgrade for MM

scydrex

do we know the price yet of the standalone remaster? I remember a thread about $70, but that doesn't seem right since it's a $30 upgrade for MM

Well the MM alone is $50 and the MM + the remaster is $70. I just want to know how much will be the remaster alone and if it includes the DLC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The Spidey Ultimate Edition with Spidey Remaster is $70. Spidey MM standalone is $50. A $20 difference and currently (and supposedly) no standalone options.

Give it 6-12 months. There'll be a standalone Spidey Remaster download for $30 (which seems right).

Sony is just trying to bundle the games together hoping to lock in as many copies of Ultimate at $70 as possible.

Top Bottom