• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShockers: Spider-Man on PS5 Won’t Have Physical Release, Saves Won’t Transfer from PS4 Version

"Developer Insomniac Games has confirmed some additional details on the upcoming remastered version of Spider-Man in response to fan questions on Twitter. Specifically, Insomniac detailed that the remastered version for Spider-Man will not be receiving a physical release for PS5, and will solely be a standalone digital title (and also is included with the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales). In addition, Insomniac also confirmed that save files from the original PS4 release won’t be supported or transferred, meaning you’ll have to start over if you’ve made any progress in the PS4 version.

Esca

Sucks about no physical but not surprising at all that the save wouldn't work
Good to know they will offer it separately and not tied to the ultimate edition only though

Last edited:

iHaunter

Wrong title... The Spiderman Remaster. Who cares really. Should they give people free upgrades? Sure. Not something I'm going to lose my shit over. I'm buying the $70 Miles Morales edition and getting it anyway.

Senua

4qkn.gif

jaysius

Banned
They believe in generations, so of course your save wouldn't transfer from one gen console to the next.

Meanwhile random shitty indie trash game on Xbox 360 still has my save file because MS implemented/forced devs to use the cloud save system. Hell, my Live account even lapsed for about a year or 2, and my saves were still there waiting for me when I resubbed on Xbox One.

Who wins?

Last edited:

Megatron

Is the upgrade going to o be free for people who own Spiderman on PS4? Not the Miles part, obviously, but just for the remaster Of the original game?

tillbot8

Banned
Not good Sony, you know what the winning model is and this is not it, this is getting into 'second job arrogance' territory and its concerning to see!

Eh, i got in thinking they may accept the PS4 disc and patch it but no, so go fuck yourselves the game is fine as it is on PS4 and I've already platinumed it so nothing of value was lost to me.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
what IF ... it is the first PSN Plus game...

Doubt it. Wasn't the PS4 version announced as part of the PS Plus Collection?

Still no news on an upgrade path from the PS4 version either outside of Miles Morales Deluxe Edition. What a complete botch job.

Mr Moose

DLC code comes with the physical disc of MM Ultimate.
Save files won't transfer because it's a remaster and you get the trophies again. If you could transfer saves, you'd instantly unlock your old trophies

What's In the Box

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition includes:

• Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered*
  • T.R.A.C.K. Suit*
  • Second Spidey Suit – TBA*
  • Gravity Well Gadget*
  • Extra Skill Points*
*Account for PlayStation™Network, and internet connection required for code redemption. Code expires 01/01/2024. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition includes a voucher code for Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered – the complete award-winning game, including all three DLC chapters in the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps adventure – remastered and enhanced for PS5™.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
But why? I guess I understand if they don't want to print another version of the game again (I guess??) but why wouldn't the saves work? We have a cloud in place to store saves, how hard would it to download your saves off the PS Plus servers?

I wasn't interested in replaying it anyway, but I missed all the DLC so I was considering getting it for that. Now I don't think I'll bother and just get the base MM.

Last edited:

Keihart

Are you winning son?
iu
iu

They could just add an option to export your save from the base game, but yeah, probably rushed...can't ask for more overtime, they must be crunching hard right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom