• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSHOCKERS: Microsoft Might Announce A New Xbox Studio Acquisition at E3 2021

Spidey Fan

Banned
xbox now on mega drive.

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
After years of taking slings and arrows (some deserved, much undeserved), whoever they buy, i truly hope it pisses a lot of people off.

Lot of crybabies out there always moving goalposts and setting different standards for what Microsoft is 'allowed to do' vs. other companies.

Go get 'em Phil!!! Bwahahahahaha 🤪

Dream-Knife

Banned
Sega makes sense historically, as the OG xbox was essentially Dreamcast 2.

Wish MS kept that aesthetic. Not a fan of their 360-present style.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"According to Corden, the IPs are not big triple-A franchises, so we should probably think about studios or even publishers with low-budget projects"

Probably a game studio size.

LordCBH

He said not hype inducing, People Can Fly?

They own Outriders and Bulletstorm if I'm not mistaken, and Microsoft have been really cozy with them in the past, like Gears 1 PC port and Gears Judgment.

PCF would be a great fit. They’ve worked pretty closely a lot haven't they?

ShaikhCroft

Microsoft acquires more studios then releases new games...
They have 37 more or less games in development if you accumulate all those rumors! So next years gonna be good for them when those games starts coming.

Imagine if the lineups are something like these:

Halo: Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Wolfenstein 3
Age of Empires IV

Starfield
Forza Motorsport (Reboot)
Gears 6
State of Decay 3
Project Omen
Everwild

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Perfect Dark
Dishonored 3
Project Typhoon (IO Interactive RPG)

Indiana Jones
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Wasteland 4

Elder Scrolls VI
Project Mara
The Evil Within 3
Doom/Quake

Fallout
Forza Horizon 6
Insight Project (Ninja Theory)

Spidey Fan

Banned
They have 37 more or less games in development if you accumulate all those rumors! So next years gonna be good for them when those games starts coming.

Forza Horizon 5
Wolfenstein 3
Age of Empires IV

Starfield
Gears 6
State of Decay 3
Project Omen
Everwild

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Perfect Dark
Dishonored 3

Indiana Jones
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Wasteland 4

Elder Scrolls VI
Project Mara
The Evil Within 3
Doom/Quake

Fallout
Forza Horizon 6
gears 6 isnt coming out any sooner. state of decay same. everwild too. hellblade 2 is 2022. rest is good.

How will hellblade 2 vs hfw. heroine vs heroine. for me alloy wins, but it will be fun to see what ninja theory is cooking.

Forza Horizon 5
Wolfenstein 3
Age of Empires IV

Starfield
Gears 6
State of Decay 3
Project Omen
Everwild

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Perfect Dark
Dishonored 3

Indiana Jones
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Wasteland 4

Elder Scrolls VI
Project Mara
The Evil Within 3
Doom/Quake

Fallout
Forza Horizon 6
I can see Halo, Forza and maybe AoE in 2021
And Starfield and the Forza Motorsport Reboot in 2022, maybe even Gears 6 but I would think they want to take more time to make it feel more "fresh".
But everything else... I guess we'll know better after E3 tho.

gears 6 isnt coming out any sooner. state of decay same. everwild too. hellblade 2 is 2022. rest is good.

How will hellblade 2 vs hfw. heroine vs heroine. for me alloy wins, but it will be fun to see what ninja theory is cooking.
I suspect a Doom game coming out in 2022 or 2023. No way is it going to take until 2025 for Doom to appear.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Forza Horizon 5
Wolfenstein 3
Age of Empires IV

Starfield
Gears 6
State of Decay 3
Project Omen
Everwild

Hellblade 2
Avowed
Perfect Dark
Dishonored 3

Indiana Jones
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Wasteland 4

Elder Scrolls VI
Project Mara
The Evil Within 3
Doom/Quake

Fallout
Forza Horizon 6
My guess is after this year, Halo Infinite also gets annual or bi-annual campaign expansions too a la Destiny since it is GaaS.

FritzJ92

At least acquire a studio that has a game ready lol.

Also "windows central reporter" sounds legit. He wouldn't have any reason to make this up just to hype their conference a bit more right?
He’s the same guy that said don’t get your hopes up for this halo reveal. No crazy cool graphics. He wouldn’t have any reasons to say anything bad about halo right?

Konami's main source of revenue nowadays is the whole slot machines business. I don't think it'd be a sensible acquisition for Microsoft at all.

Perhaps they could buy some of their more (real) gaming-oriented IPs, like MGS/SH, but that's not what the article suggests.

//DEVIL//

You know when a website trying to get clicks when they say " might " ....

you either know shit or you don't. clearly, you don't lol.

Spidey Fan

Banned
You know when a website trying to get clicks when they say " might " ....

you either know shit or you don't. clearly, you don't lol.
they did buy studios for 3 years. 2018 ninja theory and other studios. 2019 double fine. 2020 bethesda, they could have done on e3, but saved it for xbox launch. This year might be big publisher or normal studio. either way, more content for gamepass.

//DEVIL//

they did buy studios for 3 years. 2018 ninja theory and other studios. 2019 double fine. 2020 bethesda, they could have done on e3, but saved it for xbox launch. This year might be big publisher or normal studio. either way, more content for gamepass.
I was talking about the website not having source and just pulling info from their butts. Who knows what MS will do. I do not think they will announce buying a new studio or IP . They have many right now and many devs too under MS.
Maybe a small dev team ? Even then I highly doubt it. They just finalized Bethesda like 2 months ago.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I was talking about the website not having source and just pulling info from their butts. Who knows what MS will do. I do not think they will announce buying a new studio or IP . They have many right now and many devs too under MS.
Maybe a small dev team ? Even then I highly doubt it. They just finalized Bethesda like 2 months ago.
their plan is gamepass. and as of now, their studio isnt enough for gamepass.

oldergamer

Yea! They should've followed Sony's rout by building studios from the ground up.
Oh wait. That didn't actually happen.
Lol quit crying. Sonys best studios were both bought!

Naughty dog and insomniac. Infact even some of thier main studios were individual studios moved under one roof/name

There is no reason to follow what sony does. Ms has thier own plan

Last edited:
Top Bottom