• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Album

GeorgPrime

Banned
One of my favorite artists just dropped her new Album "Future Nostalgia". :) What you does Neogaf think of her?

From wikipedia:

Future Nostalgia is the second studio album by English singer Dua Lipa. It was released on 27 March 2020 by Warner Records, after leaking in its entirety two weeks before its original release date, 3 April 2020.[1] Commencing work on the album in early 2018, Lipa enlisted writers and producers such as Jeff Bhasker, Ian Kirkpatrick, Stuart Price, The Monsters and the Strangerz and others in order to create a disco and pop record with a "nostalgic" and electronic feel. Sonically, Lipa found inspiration in the music of artists that she listened to during her adolescence, such as that of Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Moloko, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Blondie and Outkast.

The album was preceded by three singles and one promotional single. "Don't Start Now", released on 1 November 2019 as the album's lead single, attained both critical and commercial success. The song became her seventh top 10 entry on the UK Singles Chart and her first top three entry on the US Billboard Hot 100. The album's title track was released as a promotional single on 13 December 2019. Its second single, "Physical", was released on 31 January 2020 and peaked at number seven on the UK Singles Chart. "Break My Heart" was then released as the third single from the album on 25 March 2020. In order to promote the album, Lipa announced the Future Nostalgia Tour, commencing in January 2021.

Last edited:

O-N-E

New Rules is the only song I've liked from her. Although it's so mega produced, it's tough to call it her song rather than the producer's.

Ehh I'll give a listen. New Rules was a bop and she had a few decent tracks here and there. Might just peep a couple songs and decide if I want to stick around.

Also, in case no one has noticed, she is insanely hot.

T8SC

She created something phenomenal, don't you agree? Don't you agree?

She's going to be diamond rich, nothing on the chart compares to it. Don't you agree? Don't you agree?

Who needs to listen to others, when you got this mother f***ers.

Let's get lyrical.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

She's a pop star because she looks good and has a recognizable voice.

I wouldn't call her a pop saviour for that. She's just convenient for her owners.

Which pop starlet is releasing better music than Lua

OK Marina is the Goddess, but who's better?

O-N-E

Which pop starlet is releasing better music than Lua

OK Marina is the Goddess, but who's better?

I'm not super tapped into that world right now, but even if what you say is true, I still wouldn't call her a saviour. That gives her too much credit as an individual.

Bruno at least has a healthy hand in the writing / production of his music + an insane voice. Very different levels of skill.

I'm not super tapped into that world right now, but even if what you say is true, I still wouldn't call her a saviour. That gives her too much credit as an individual.

Bruno at least has a healthy hand in the writing / production of his music + an insane voice. Very different levels of skill.

Bruno is amazing

But my all time female artist is Marina. She writes all her own stuff

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Most pop stars these days are just puppets to make money for record labels. You're not a true artist if you have 4-5 writers for one song. Sorry.

Top Bottom