• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driver 3 - GBA vs. PC | Side by Side

nkarafo

The GBA saw some impressive software based 3D engines and it makes me wonder how the 32X would fare if it was successful enough, seeing it's a more powerful console with no hardware 3D capabilities (just like the GBA).

nush

Gold Member
GBA vs PC comparisons?

giphy.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This is a sad story of a Ubisoft game that could've went toe-to-toe with GTA. The first open world car game, and the driving mechanics still work great and better than many, and I'm referring to Driver 1.

GBA is lacking in the following aspects:
lower resolution
lower frame rate
lower texture resolution
lower sound quality
Almost no lighting effects
Low quality shadows (none)
no texture filtering
no perspective correction
no animated cut scenes
3D models replaced by sprites

Yet the GBA version is the more impressive one.

BlackM1st

Banned
GBA version looks pretty good I must say.

As for the game itself, I always preferred Driver games to Mafia series.

This is a sad story of a Ubisoft game that could've went toe-to-toe with GTA. The first open world car game, and the driving mechanics still work great and better than many, and I'm referring to Driver 1.

Word. It's really insane that seeing GTA V success Ubisoft did nothing to try and replicate it. I mean there was Watch Dogs 1, but other than that... Yeah, a lost opportunity.

Star-Lord

The original driver game was nuts. Those cop cars would go apeshit after you and try to murder your ass.
It’s the Grand Theft Auto game that Grand Theft Auto aspired to be. I loved that you actually had to think about how to outrun the police. No matter what you did, they’d constantly be on your ass. And then being able to replay/edit your chases in Director Mode was sublime.

Top Bottom