• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams adds PlayStation VR support on July 22

Keihart

oh yes, just putting the headset on and being there in the virtual world is totally worth it even in 3rd person games

let alone in games where you can aim with your full arm in any direction and indeed even line your sight down aim if you want - I can do that in a port like Borderlands, I just don't often because it's too frantic for careful shooting like that, aside from sniper guns (but then you're really just using their stupid zoom screen, that was a cheap take)

I don't buy the stupid argument that native VR games are much better. Most 3D polygonal games are ready material for VR - as Dreams eloquently shows - even though perhaps lacking the finer amount of direct hand control native VR gives you. And even so, I'd argue ports like LA Noire add that extra immersion in fine interactive with not much trouble.

summing up: I won't stop playing ports like Skyrim just because VR indies like Job Simulator offer much better interactions. I want great games in VR, not shitty ones. that's all
i guess it's different strokes and all that, i can't get to bother with the ports but i'm all in for the ones build for it.
I really like VR, but i usually end up playing more the games tailored for it instead of the ports, even if lower production values.

Rudius

After playing some third person games with free camera in Dreams I think that we VR addicts should ask (anoy) developers to implement VR in every easy to run game.

I played a griffin game that's just like Spyro (one of my favorites) and now all I want is to replay the Reignited Trilogy in VR, the same for Crash and similar games.

Also, that Astro's Playroom really need to support VR on PS5. It already runs at 4K 60, so just let us play as the camera in VR, with the option of rotation in intervals (clicks) or full smooth.

Highly recommended

it's awesome indeed

I think by now I've already played all worthwhile dreams in VR. It's time to create - though hardly a game, but perhaps I can contribute assets. The crowning jewel of Dreams is the feature called remix: all creations allowing remix allow anyone to customize, build upon it, learn from it, add to it or... now with VR, properly port it to VR. I'm trying my best: some amazing flat scenes out there have terrible unnatural scale so need to fix that by hand selecting each collection in the scene and scale according to my own perception of the real world and I guess that means 1:1 scale is what all should be using for a standard...

Top Bottom