• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DreadOut 2 launches on 20 February 2020 (Steam)

GrayChild

01_Smartphone_ghosthunt.gif

03_New_Combat_mechanic.gif

04_Hideous_Boss.gif

explore.gif

A unique take on third-person action-adventure survival horror injected with Indonesian supernatural culture. Gameplay is a mix of city exploration, DreadOut-style smartphone ghost hunting, and new action-packed battles within DreadOut‘s supernatural world. Even though is a horror game at heart, with its touch of silly high school problems, satirical social commentary, and touchy, yet memorable moments, DreadOut 2 is a fresh take on the survival horror genre.

Key Features

Non-Linear Survival Horror
Exploration is the heart of DreadOut 2. We want to take another step to enrich our way of non-linear storytelling through different key elements.
Explore a sleepy little town in the night and day to solve the terrifying urban legends that haunt within.
Interact with various unique NPCs, including both human and ghosts.
A considerable amount of side quests and hidden stages and bosses written and design based on Asian / Indonesian urban legends.
Experience tons of interactions and activities.
A huge collection of ghost lore under the Ghostpedia is waiting to be discovered.

Action Horror

Banish them all! DreadOut-style ghost hunting is back.
Delve deeper into DreadOut‘s supernatural world with new action-packed battle mechanics.
Battle hideous bosses that roam the supernatural world.
Survive further using any available melee weapons throughout Linda’s journey.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loved the first game, and this one looks awesome too. Thanks for the heads up!

Saber

Gold Member
Looks interesting, even though its clearly lacking visually speaking. The way to kill seems like a smart idea, reminds of my first time with Alan Wake.

Vlaphor

Loved the hell out of the first one, so this one is an easy buy. I'm a little worried about it being open world, due to the obvious budgetary constraints, but I still see myself getting this day one.

It'll be the first new game I play start to finish on my new PC setup.

Bkdk

Girls in fatal frame seems more cute and no jiggle physics in this game. Hopefully MS will pick it up on gamepass. Or I’ll try finishing it within 2 hours and refund it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

GrayChild

Hi everyone,

First of all, Thank you for the patience and sorry for the delay, there are some dark spirits corrupted our coding

DreadOut 2 is our attempt to make a unique take on a survival horror mix with action, adventure genre with Asian/Indonesian lore, settings, and urban legends, that was being rare presented in video games. With the growing and more diverse content being widely received by gamers, we hope that DreadOut 2 is able to show a small glimpse of our culture in a unique way and get accepted by gamers worldwide, particularly for survival horror fans.

DreadOut 2 is our labor of love, within 2 years in the making, we put our hearts and souls to bring this for you. There were lots of up and down, joy, tears, and sacrifices to be made across the development. Our small family team of super developers, our small community and endless fans support was one of the reasons that we continue telling a story of DreadOut. DreadOut 2 is by far the most ambitious, passion project by us. As an indie developer, we have always been clueless with a bigger vision, bigger goals and yet sometimes we often hit the wall.

DreadOut 2 is far from a perfect product, not everyone would be satisfied with it. But we can only promise to all of you, that we will always do our best to continue improving your experiences along the way.

DreadOut 2 is available now, hope you guys enjoy it as we did enjoy making it.
Thanks again for everyone's support!

All the best,
Digital Happiness.

Quite cheap as well. Played for about an hour. Apart from the cheap second phase of the first boss, I... liked it a lot.

The first one was pretty much a 100% Fatal Frame clone. This one takes a page from other franchises as well - a bit of Resident Evil, a bit of Obscure, some The Evil Within.... and a touch of Persona.

t86hqvN.jpg

p1j3nwW.jpg

oJ3X0tP.jpg

Vlaphor

I'm digging it so far, but I took a bit of a break to wait for a patch. I might hop back into it tonight though, since one just came out.

Some Twitch streamers were playing this game. It's kinda janky and full of bugs (sometimes you need to reload the game to progress).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The first game is on sale on GOG this week for $2.99

If you're curious what all the fuss is about but don't want to hop right into the sequel just yet.

Top Bottom