• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonlance creators sue Wizards of the Coast due to cancelled project (cancelled due to wokeness)

I remember when I got angry about WOTC proclaiming "no big tits chain mail bra illustrations" anymore back when 3rd ed hit, and people on RPG forums told me I am sexist idiot and gaming should be above that.

I swear I saw this shit we have now coming even back then.

Irobot82

D&D has been getting infested with the ultra woke for a while now. I think one of their latest updates is removing racial penalties. Also orcs aren't "evil" or 'bad" or something because it's racist.

Really enjoyed Dragonlance as a kid, so this is sad to me. I have since come to realize the books aren’t quite as good as my 6th grad self remembered, but they hold a special place all the same. Of course this is bullshit, but the woke virus has a higher kill rate than covid.

I feel like people on this site who bitch about 'wokeness' so much, are just oblivious that times are changing and media is just reflecting that.

People are scared of change.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I feel like people on this site who bitch about 'wokeness' so much, are just oblivious that times are changing and media is just reflecting that.

Explain to me why ret-conning orcs and Drow as "layered, complex, and not born evil" is an improvement.

Explain to me why removing racial advantages and disadvantages is an improvement.

All this stuff does is allow streaming danger hair improv actors to come up with more and more wacky character combinations that have little to no internal consistency to the world they are placed in.

When all choice is just a cosmetic layer, there is no choice.

You got it backwards.

I think the huge backlash that this woke shit gets has more to do with a small minority in media trying to impose their values unto a customer majority that doesn't want any of this.

People are still as sexist, non pc and racist as ever when talking to their friends. Even the woke people I know are like that.

It's all a big lie.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
D&D has been getting infested with the ultra woke for a while now. I think one of their latest updates is removing racial penalties. Also orcs aren't "evil" or 'bad" or something because it's racist.

Not just penalties. They're trying to get rid of racial modifiers in general.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Yes, because it makes sense that by default a gnome is just as strong as a Goliath.

Newer fans are saying it's bullshit that so much is "biologically determined". I hate it. As you said, it doesn't make sense.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Newer fans are saying it's bullshit that so much is "biologically determined". I hate it. As you said, it doesn't make sense.
That's because they want to stream as a gnomish barbarian with 18 strength for the lulz. Previously that wouldn't be possible due to a racial negative strength bonus.

I expect them to try to do away with classes next, going to a 100% skill based level progression so anyone can literally be anything. That would break DnD for good I think.

Top Bottom