• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XII preparations underway

Bullet Club

Not surprising news, I know, but news nonetheless.

At the Dragon Quest Walk announcement event, Dragon Quest series executive producer Yuu Miyake also mentioned the still not formally announced Dragon Quest XII. “By the way, about Dragon Quest XII, which I’m sure is on everyone’s mind—[Yuji] Horii and I are currently making preparations on series developments that will connect to XII. I think it’s still too early, but we would like announce it in some form, so please wait a little while longer.”

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
source.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looking forward to it next gen since DQ is a once a generation game now. :p

Virex

Banned
Orchestral soundtrack hopefully. Count me in. Dragon Quest XI is one of the best JRPGS I played in a long time. Not as good as DQVIII was but still fantastic none the less.

Desudzer10

I want that DQ walk in America. I mean more importantly hooray for DQ12, but that DQ walk looks like my new favorite phone game if it's available in the US.

Pejo

XI was the long return to classic style RPGs that I've been waiting for, for years. I hope XII is even better.

The Snake

XI was the long return to classic style RPGs that I've been waiting for, for years. I hope XII is even better.

It really is one of the last (mostly) untainted franchises, and one that still involves the original old guard.

Vawn

Banned
I miss the days where we got 3 or 4 Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games per console generation, which were also shorter than today's generations.

And in the case of Final Fantasy, the games were usually better games than what we wait 5 to 10 years for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Well I'm in. Excited to see the story and character designs. I'd enjoy a class system like 3 and 7. I still occasionally bring out the manuals to those games and just admire the art. Its neat seeing the characters dressed up as different classes, a feature I love in the Bravely series too. Regardless I'll be content though...

WindomURL

Orchestral soundtrack hopefully. Count me in. Dragon Quest XI is one of the best JRPGS I played in a long time. Not as good as DQVIII was but still fantastic none the less.
Absolutely. A bloody shame what happened with XI's soundtrack. I turned the music off entirely cuz I couldn't take the plonk. Iirc, the lack of music made some cutscenes really funny, though I might be recalling another game...

Virex

Banned
Absolutely. A bloody shame what happened with XI's soundtrack. I turned the music off entirely cuz I couldn't take the plonk. Iirc, the lack of music made some cutscenes really funny, though I might be recalling another game...
I saw a video of a mod for the PC version that added the real orchestral songs. And watching gameplay made it so much nicer with the orchestral music. Apparently the Switch version will have an orchestral OST and not just midi

WindomURL

I saw a video of a mod for the PC version that added the real orchestral songs. And watching gameplay made it so much nicer with the orchestral music. Apparently the Switch version will have an orchestral OST and not just midi
Yknow I did hear about that now that you mention it, and it made me rue having gotten it on the ps4, but c'est la vie.

VIII's soundtrack was just so intoxicating. Really a fundamental part of the game.

Top Bottom