• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X Offline producer talks map scaling, story, voice-overs, and battle system

Bullet Club

Dragon Quest X Offline producer talks map scaling, story, voice-overs, and battle system​

Takuma Shiraishi answers a few user questions.

duTG9hF.jpg

Dragon Quest X Offline producer Takuma Shiraishi answered a few user questions on the May-announced offline Dragon Quest X game during the “Chou Dragon Quest X TV 9th Anniversary Program.”

Get the details below.

Q1: Why did you change the appearance from Dragon Quest Online?

The world and map originally designed for Dragon Quest X Online were changed to a scale suitable for Dragon Quest X Offline.

JPXeIAM.jpg

paUNFzW.jpg

QGuMbpa.jpg

ykHYB3K.jpg

XqVKQUY.jpg

bF9c5ND.jpg

Q2: How far does the story go?

As the subtitle suggests, we’re only going as far as “Rise of the Five Tribes” at first. However, the story continues beyond that in Dragon Quest X Online, so we’re hoping to do something about that… But nothing has been decided yet and I don’t have any information to share.

Q3: Will event scenes be voiced like those in Version 5 of Dragon Quest Online?

Yes.

Q4: How about the battle system? Is it the same as Dragon Quest Online‘s “action interruption” system?

It uses a turn-based command battle system like traditional Dragon Quest games. Further details will be announced at a later date.

Dragon Quest X Offline is due out for unannounced platforms in 2022 in Japan.

Source: Gematsu

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I hope this will come to other countries, however i was wondering whether the gameplay will be as good as other single player entries since it was made as a single player game from an online game.

ranmafan

Cool release is so close, but dang it they had to place it at the same time as Relayer, Horizon, and Gran Turismo 7. My wallet will hate me and my free time will be fighting me!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So it's still Dragon Quest Japan Onry the Game.

I like the original models better. I'd much prefer if the Offline version allowed you to swap between the 3D graphics and the 2D graphics much like DQ XI S

Belthazar

I don't see this skipping a western release tbh, it seems to have been made specifically to allow it to be feasible outside of Japan... It wouldn't make sense for a Japan only release, as the MMO is still doing fairly well there.

I want to spend $60 on this, c'mon Square... Deliver the goods.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Sorry but this is a pointless thread. The game isn't coming out of Japan so stop torturing us.

Last edited:

Belthazar

Sorry but this is a pointless thread. The game isn't coming out of Japan so stop torturing us.

I think it is and I doubt it will take long. This has no reason to exist as a japan-only release, the MMO version is doing very well there. This is a TGS announcement, so it makes sense to not announce a worldwide date there.

They also confirmed to have the first expansion as DLC (it's about as long as the main story)... If they release all pieces of content from the MMO on this we could be looking at hundreds of hours of content.

FStubbs

I think it is and I doubt it will take long. This has no reason to exist as a japan-only release, the MMO version is doing very well there. This is a TGS announcement, so it makes sense to not announce a worldwide date there.

They also confirmed to have the first expansion as DLC (it's about as long as the main story)... If they release all pieces of content from the MMO on this we could be looking at hundreds of hours of content.
ReggieMyBodyIsReady.png

Top Bottom