• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Gun; another Data East banger nobody knows exists...and other amazing games that need a spotlight!

VGEsoterica

Data East is such an odd company; they made a metric crap ton of arcade games and a large amount of them were legit amazing...and they've almost all been forgotten about and relegated to that dusty box filled with games nobody seems to have heard of. Stuff like Dragon Gun, The Cliffhanger Edward Randy...legit AMAZING games that never show up in any lists of "best X genre games of all time".

Which sucks honestly because so many people probably miss these games for one reason or another...and if they just played them they would probably find a new game to add to their favorites list

Like Dragon Gun; a legit awesome 2D light gun arcade game that is, typical for Data East, over the top and packed with intense action from start to finish. It's as good as anything Sega ever did as far as 2D light gun games are concerned...and maybe slightly BETTER in spots...but good luck casually stumbling across a mention of it anywhere as a game you should play.

Which got me thinking...GAF...what other legit amazing games do you recommend that for some reason or another have just been glossed over and forgotten about? because you always have great recs here

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Never got to see this in a arcade here in the US. I learned about it when I got seriously into collected cabs in the early 2000’s, would be a gem to have!

Thanks for the content as always!!

VGEsoterica

Never got to see this in a arcade here in the US. I learned about it when I got seriously into collected cabs in the early 2000’s, would be a gem to have!

I have been hunting a board for a while with no luck sadly

VGEsoterica

but if you are into Data East and haven't played Edward Randy yet...play it!

SpiceRacz

I've mentioned them here before, but this is at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago. Hell, they have SegaSonic and Night Slashers cabs. Place is incredible.

VGEsoterica

I've mentioned them here before, but this is at Galloping Ghost Arcade in Chicago. Hell, they have SegaSonic and Night Slashers cabs. Place is incredible.
Only a half hour away from where I am currently sitting. Well…depending on traffic haha

Sadly I don’t find as much time as I’d like to get out there. Damn adult life and it’s infinite responsibilities

Top Bottom