• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot |OT| Nostalgia over 9000, just Saiyan

Fuz

Banned
something totally ruined the game for me, the "random" encounters.
I'm extremely surprised to see no one talking about this issue, I looked on google and no one seem to be talking about how annoying these encounters are.
So much this. They're so fucking annoying.
Especially considering the exp they give you is abysmal.

HotPocket69

Banned
So much this. They're so fucking annoying.
Especially considering the exp they give you is abysmal.

The same one line being said over and over again every five seconds is worse.

I don’t mind the fights. You can finish them super quick and you’re always rewarded for it.

And they look and sound and play awesome.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

It helps but, this might be better as it’s faster paced. Japanese VO fits the personalities better IMO. What you confused about if I may ask?

The start, lol. I've seen a couple seasons of Dragon Ball
when Goku was a child. Now he is grown up with a son and these sayian people want to destroy the universe?

Also Goku sounds much younger in Japanese, holy shit!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The start, lol. I've seen a couple seasons of Dragon Ball
when Goku was a child. Now he is grown up with a son and these sayian people want to destroy the universe?

Also Goku sounds much younger in Japanese, holy shit!

Same voice actress has been playing Goku, that is why.

Larxia

Having fun with it. Glad there is encyclopedia to tell you about the world. The graphics could be better, almost looks like a PS3 game.
It indeed looks quite bad. It's not even just a technical thing, it's more of a lack of art direction I think. Everything lack soul, life, there's something missing and it feels a bit dead. The color palette is also really off, I tried to correct it a bit with reshade but you can't do miracles, for some reasons it's way too saturated and contrasted, looks like playing on a badly calibrated tv. That green grass looks almost like some toxic grass in some areas.

It's weird because it's cyberconnect, they made the naruto storm games which imo are the best looking anime games, even storm 1 from 2008 looks a lot better than this game.

The visuals of this game give some kind of fan made work vibe, literally something that could be "Dragon Ball Z in Unreal Engine 4!" on youtube.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
It looks like the cartoon. It’s vibrant and colorful as fuck.

You guys are insane.

“Indeed it looks quite bad” 😂

“Looks like a PS3 game” 😒🔫

Pallas

Love DB and DBZ, thinking of getting this eventually for the Xbox One. Any clue if it runs better on the 1X?

HotPocket69

Banned
Made it through the Cell Saga last night. Been doing every side quest so far too. Lovin it and will platinum for sure.

Now I just need to find a BR box set of Kai

Verdanth

Man how could they complete left out Android 17 vs Piccolo fight and Super Trunks vs Cell?

It's like Cell saga has a huge gap left blank.

On the other hand Gohan SSJ2 animated scenes are spectacular.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Just got the platinum. Finished everything as a level 85 Goku with a 92 Gohan and an 81 Vegeta as my support buds. Took 70 hours with about 95% of the side quests completed.

Had a blast pretty much all the way through. Felt like the influx of cutscenes really hit high gear around the Cell Saga though. So many cutscenes. Also found the Buu Saga to be the weakest. Not sure if I was simply ready for it to be over or the plot just wasn’t as interesting as the others.

I will absolutely day one the shit out of any DLC

Also need to get my hands on a Kai BR set

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Just got the platinum. Finished everything as a level 85 Goku with a 92 Gohan and an 81 Vegeta as my support buds.

Had a blast pretty much all the way through. Felt like the influx of cutscenes really hit high gear around the Cell Saga though. So many cutscenes. Also found the Buu Saga to be the weakest. Not sure if I was simply ready for it to be over or the plot just wasn’t as interesting as the others.

I will absolutely day one the shit out of any DLC

Also need to get my hands on a Kai BR set
If you are still looking for more Cyberconnect2 games Asuras Wrath is on sale on XB1 (and 360) for 3.99 and the DLC that adds the true ending is 1.39 It’s pure over the top anime all the way through.

Last edited:

Gt111

Neo Member
Some initial impressions.
Just got past the raditz part.
I’m a big fan of dbz so I’m liking it. I like riding on nimbus.. I think the combat is great maybe a little repetitive but I try different tactics and it’s ok.
Anyways the biggest thing is that since I’m a fan I’m looking forward to advancing in the game to progress in the story. It’s cool. It does sort of feel like if I may say a part of the series as you play. And im only starting out.

Gt111

Neo Member
just did the driving mini game with goku today.. it was a blast.

and some said the game was easy.. i honestly have had trouble with some battles...

most recently vegeta vs vegeta simulation.. I would say its the most challenging battle I've had so far..
(bulma makes a replica vegeta for vegeta to train and so you're fighting someone exactly with your moves)
which makes it challenging

I try not to use any recovery items (healing items) when fighting so its a straight up battle..

that said I may not be the very best so my battle skills could improve.

in all the game is going good... I try to play when I get the time.

for the first time I did a side quest with vegeta and I thought that was pretty cool..

(I think it was the first time in the story I got to play as vegeta so it was surprising).

Thomish

A little bit LTTP but finally got my hands on this, and must say as a huge DBZ fan, growing up on watching this, the thread title is so apt. If you're someone who loves the animated series you'll love this.

Just finished beating the shit out of Vegeta so off to Planet Namek I go now.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No next-gen update on PC is a slap in the face. Won't buy the season pass 2.
Too bad because the game is very very good.

Top Bottom