• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Opening Movie Trailer

Verdanth

All aboard the hype train:

h8DF5D5B3

Absolutely cannot wait for this ever since the producer's comments about wanting to remind people this series was also about the characters and their bonds, not just fighting.

So few people get that, and seeing someone who does in charge of a game has me hype as hell for it!

lefty1117

Gold Member
so do you play as Goku for the storyline or can you pick anyone? Is there open world outside of the story where you can develop your character? I really just want to play Gohan, and hopefully as a teen so I can undo all that pussy stuff they did to him

Codes 208

so do you play as Goku for the storyline or can you pick anyone? Is there open world outside of the story where you can develop your character? I really just want to play Gohan, and hopefully as a teen so I can undo all that pussy stuff they did to him
Ever played legacy of goku II or buu’s fury? seems like its going to be a lot like those.

StormCell

How is this going to compare with Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse series? I've got it on Switch, and granted I didn't stay with it for very long, I never got into the fighting system. It didn't feel fun in the short time I tried it.

Codes 208

How is this going to compare with Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse series? I've got it on Switch, and granted I didn't stay with it for very long, I never got into the fighting system. It didn't feel fun in the short time I tried it.
Probably because you got the shit version that cut the framerate in half and has some serious performance issues.

StormCell

Probably because you got the shit version that cut the framerate in half and has some serious performance issues.

Now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense! Plus the nearly insufferable input lag, and no wonder I wasn't having fun with fights that are meant to be that fast.

Luckily... I only spent about $10 on it.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense! Plus the nearly insufferable input lag, and no wonder I wasn't having fun with fights that are meant to be that fast.

Luckily... I only spent about $10 on it.
I learned this the hardway myself when i triple dipped on the switch version. The game runs better on the other two (and presumably pc) but tbf, the gameplay is still mildly repetitive over time. Its certainly not as intuitive as, say, tenkaichi but id still take it over last gen’s offerings of battle of z, raging blast or burst limit.

Enjay

Banned
Fighting is exactly the same as Xenoverse.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:

royox

Fighting is exactly the same as Xenoverse.

But its not. It looks similar when you watch a video but Kakarot's gameplay controlwise is like the naruto storm games. Even the buttons have the same pattern and utility.

Top Bottom