• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot ‘This Time on Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot’ trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer CyberConnect2 have released a new trailer for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot dubbed “This Time on Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.”

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 16, 2020 in Japan, and for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 17 worldwide.
Gematsu

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
So is it open world DBZ and that’s it? I don’t know how many times I can play through the exact same story again in just a different game.

Codes 208

this is the closest we will ever get to a remake of the legacy of goku trilogy and Im fine with that. Plus plenty of the animations look very solid, very expected from cyberconnect.

also this trailer is straight up childhood nostalgia.

Last edited:

crobb991

Banned
i was hoping for more on this? havent seen much from this,, but if this is as close to a remake of the legacy of goku series im okay with that

those games were on point...

well im off to find my GBA so i can replay them

SuperGooey

I really want to be down with this game, but the gameplay doesn't look compelling at all to me. It's a shame because I've been wanting a 3D Legacy of Goku 2/Buu's Fury style game since I was a kid. I was hoping this would be it.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
So is it open world DBZ and that’s it? I don’t know how many times I can play through the exact same story again in just a different game.
Open world with the combat of Xenoverse aka large spacious stages for enemies to make you waste your time with.

Prediction time! I hate to say this because I'm a big DBZ fan, but I think this game will be shit. Judging from everything I seen so far, the gameplay is going to be shallow mashing the same button over and over again like a quicktime event. The hub world is going to be mostly big but empty, the side quests are going to be boring fetch items repeatedly, crossing these large hub areas enough and it's going to be as familiar as Xenoverse 2.

The mini games look boring too, and probably won't hold your attention longer than 5 minutes, after all how long did you fish in FFXV? The cutscenes are choppy and I much rather watch the anime itself. Many areas like Snakeway or Otherworld are cutscenes only, which means no exploring those areas, kinda lacking for an RPG.

There's no incentive to replay this more than once, I heard people say this game is over 100 hours, but who wants to waste 100 hours fishing, driving a car which is probably as linear as FFXV, or fighting a bunch of npc bots to collect a quest item? I bet speedrunners can probably beat this game in 6 hours in story mode. Sorry for being a downer but this my opinion from the game so far, I really do hope I'm wrong about all this, but I don't think I am.

Top Bottom