• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah that battle seems tough, but if you can beat most SBRs you'd prolly be fine.
Also he doesn't seem very difficult at the start, so I guess the trick is to stack DEF as high as you can in the early rounds.

LR gohan and goten are really something though; I'd go as far as to say they are prolly the overall best LR on global right now.
Sure they don't have the busted damage output of LR SV, but it'll take a bit before you'd actually be able to use him.
I think I'm not going to summon that much during 4th anniversary, LR caulifla and Kale are my next target.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Is that right? Well unfortunately for me

w0vkVts.jpg

Wonder if they'll bring the event to glb by part 2

Reizo Ryuu

Not gonna lie, Broly's SA's are really nicely done; if the banner is decent I'll try my luck to get him.

Shame he can't be used next to dbs broly though.

Reizo Ryuu

Only in it for the freebies and dokkans for ssj2 gt goku, beepan, teq kaioken and phy galick gun.
Will prolly do a single round of discounts on both; honestly not that excited for the ss4s

Reizo Ryuu

I did like 3 runs of this WT lol, it's just so boring even the rewards don't seem worth the effort anymore; shit needs an overhaul.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Pretty much, but I do it mainly for the tickets and kais.

Now it looks like Goku Jrs eza is out, but the leaders for the category he's weaken to hasn't either come out, or their dokkan's are hours away from unlocking. just perfect

Shouta

Very first multi and I got LR SS4 Goku. I was not expecting that. Next pull got me Transforming Goku, lol. If I can just get a vegeta now lol

Reizo Ryuu

Man these other LRs on the banners are a bit of a dick move.
Best thing I got from goku's banner is 2 dupes for LR SV, now ofcourse SV is amazing and this might be how I finally beat potara SBR, but still...could've ben gokes.
Got LR ss4 vegeta though and agl turles fucking finally. Also got some more dupes but whatever.

Gonna hang on to these tickets until top grossing or whatever, remember 10 tickets also gives a guaranteed ssr.

Shouta

The tickets give guaranteed SSR? I didn't even check lol.

I got LR Gogeta and LR SV from them so I guess it worked for me. I'm gonna do one more pull on the Vegeta banner when I have 30 stones so I get the free multi then I'm gonna need a lot of Kai's.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Finally hit one of the SSJ4 banners. Vegeta specifically. Didn't get him, but I did walk away with the LR I was looking for that is featured in the ticket banner, the LR that would really bolster my fusion team even more.

Reizo Ryuu

Well it isn't really LR chasing because it's a dokkanfest banner, so the rates of getting one of them is much much higher than regular LR banners.
Being a dokkanfest banner means there are also other great cards on there to get. The guaranteed LR step up is great ofc, but the chance of getting any -specific- LR is still fairly low. On top of that the step up doesn't have all LR's either; our previous one didn't have any LRs from LR SV and up, and I'm pretty sure the last one on jpn didn't have the SS4s.

Did one more summon on each of the banners so I could round out my tickets and got LR super gogeta finally, should buff my Fusions team nicely.
Also beat super SBR, this is now the 3rd SBR I beat with Siblings' bond...hybrid saiyans, Majin buu saga and super type; Siblings' bond is busted.

Shouta

This Vegeta banner is nice since I can get some nice other chars in it, I'm just one away from a rainbow transforming freeza and i use him a ton

Piku_Ringo

Banned
It kinda is LR chasing if your main objective is to obtain the main LR of that banner, spending most of your stock of stones for them alone. I've seen posts of people complaining about not getting the LRs. So the rates being slightly higher is still not a guarantee that you will even get an lr featured or not. You could spend 400, 500 to 1000+ stones and walk away with not a one. but you could get a non-LR featured unit that you never had before, or a dupe of one, or more copies of a featured until that you already rainbowed and is basically baba fodder.

From a dokkan player with a 1000 stones spent

My only banner SSRs were: TEQ Kaioken Goku, Transku, and the old SS4 Vegeta.

I only got two screen cracks and ended up with PHY Ribrianne and INT Brianne de Chateau...

At the very least with the GLR banner, especially for players you only have a very small amount, you might end up walking away with an LR you didn't already have despite the limited selection available. Happened to me back in January.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Welp, discount summons end today. Wasted 100 stones on it and walked away with a dupe for LR SSJ4 goku on the first multi. Welp, time to start saving again.

Reizo Ryuu

Nail and piccolo work so well together, if you're gonna summon on that banner, you prolly wanna go for nail too.

Looking at all the recent cards, including the eza's for those old cards, I think dokkan is heading into a direction of making all cards bordeline busted; even icarus gohan is damn great after his TUR awakening and agl trash vegeta became the tank to rule all tanks.
LR gohan & goten were a sign of things to come.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

The new peppy girls cards are also in line with what I said about making every unit henceforth borderline busted.
Previous dokkans were already good, but oceanus doesn't even have a dokkan yet and she's insanely strong; brianne turning into a transformation boost lead is great too.

Top Bottom