• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins Sells Over 3.2 Million Units

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dorrin said:
Yes a mod was released by the community on the PC shortly after the issue was found and then later fixed by an official patch from Bioware.
To go further, the original DEX Hotfix was created by a Bioware employee.

Arhal_Katarn

This is why i wish steam would release some bloody sales numbers. I bet the pc version was pretty even with the 360 version with steam and d2d.

Dennis

Banned
I think Ameri-GAF really underestimates how many PC copies of Dragon Age will be sold worldwide. In many countries, PC is still a very, very strong platform, especially for RPGs.

I'm glad because the game really is excellent. But I think this will make more publishers force pre-order content and DLC coming in the game box.

Dennis

Banned
Kuraudo said:
Awesome sales for an awesome game. I love how BioWare is suddenly GAF's golden child again.
Mmm?

I thought Bioware had been held in high esteem for a long time due to BG2, KOTOR, Mass Effect etc.

C4Lukins

Durante said:
It's interesting how much GAF (including me) was bitching about this game's marketing. It was atrocious, but maybe they do know how to sell games :/

Yeah it was bad, but there was a ton of it, unlike the original Mass Effect.

Baki

There is a definitely a thriving WRPG market out there. So expect a flood of WRPG's in the future.

Kuraudo

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Mmm?

I thought Bioware had been held in high esteem for a long time due to BG2, KOTOR, Mass Effect etc.

Maybe I just perceived it wrong, but Bioware appeared to have fallen out of sorts with people. There was definite negativity regarding this game prerelease and negativity for a lot of PC gamers generally too.

Dennis

Banned
Greg, if your reading this, remember what you promised for DA 2. It is a proven new IP now, so give it the kind of polish you gave Mass Effect 2. It will sell even better with higher production values. No streamlining though.

Loaded Man

I rented this off gamefly when the "fade: lost in dreams' chapter completely derailed the fun I was having so I sent it back. I couldn't quite grasp the combat either. Like someone said a few posts earlier, maybe it just wasn't my kind of game. Mass Effect 2 has been a much more enjoyable experience so thanks Bioware.

Top Bottom