• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 4 has entered Production

Draugoth

Gold Member
FMTNQlMWYAIDiH9

Later this year, you will start to hear more from the Dragon Age team in the form of blogs and social content. As we move through development we’ll also be in regular communication with players who sit on our community council. As passionate fans like you, we take their feedback seriously. We are also listening to all of you as you share your thoughts and experiences, so keep talking to us!

SeraphJan

I understand why they would prefer Dragon Age instead of Mass Effect, compare the great success of Inquisition to the flop of Andromeda, this makes sense

As much as I like the original trilogy, The Legendary Edition doesn't do well in terms of sales either

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Now ?

I thought it would be in production already cause they announced it .. what ..3 years ago ?
I have to think that it went through a complete reboot after the Anthem disaster. I thought I had read that they were planning it on being a GAAS back then.

Thief1987

And Grubb said it's in a very good shape and aiming to release next year. What's in a "good shape" there? Some preproduction prototypes?

recursive

lol What have they been doing since 2014?

Even Anthem was shipped three years ago. What have they been doing the last three years?
Spending shitloads of EA money. Wasn't Anthem also like 6 or 7 years in the making and EA said fuck it time to release?

rkofan87

Gold Member
I understand why they would prefer Dragon Age instead of Mass Effect, compare the great success of Inquisition to the flop of Andromeda, this makes sense

As much as I like the original trilogy, The Legendary Edition doesn't do well in terms of sales either
what are the mele numbers?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Too late. Elden Ring is here
You people are ridiculous. We get it. You love soulsborne games and everything else is shit in comparison. Fine. But you are just as annoying as the assholes who shout get a mac, when people have an issue with their computers. Your evangelical fanatics who have to shout out over every fucking gaming thread how great your object of adoration is.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
You people are ridiculous. We get it. You love soulsborne games and everything else is shit in comparison. Fine. But you are just as annoying as the assholes who shout get a mac, when people have an issue with their computers. Your evangelical fanatics who have to shout out over every fucking gaming thread how great your object of adoration is.

The only From game I ever finished is Otogi lol

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Preach GIF

Patrick S.

Banned
Ok?

EDMIX

Who cares? They should have focused on new Mass Effect, I doubt it will be released before PS5 Pro launches...

? They are a more then 1 team, they are doing both btw...

For the rest who are saying shit like

"I thought this was already in production."

"I thought this had been in production for ages already"

"Now ? I thought it would be in production already cause they announced it .."

"Lol man they started teasing this game way too early if they are entering production now"

"And Grubb said it's in a very good shape and aiming to release next year. What's in a "good shape" there? Some preproduction prototypes?"

smfh. The next time any of you question why I post as much as I do, understand its cause I fucking read as much as I do.

You read a fucking headline to a thread, ignored the actual context of the link DIRECLTY from the team and started to comment.

Here is a small snippet from the link folks.

"For the next Dragon Age, we are right in the middle of Production"

No where does it even remotely state "has entered" even fucking once, the title of this thread btw simply needs to be "Dragon Age 4 in the middle of production" .

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
The most time consuming part is the pre-production. It will probably be released in 1-2 years from now.
How is that in any shape or form most consuming? You pitch the main idea, you make some concept art, that's it. Now the real work starts. This is not coming out till Fall 2024.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
? They are a more then 1 team, they are doing both btw...

For the rest who are saying shit like

"I thought this was already in production."

"I thought this had been in production for ages already"

"Now ? I thought it would be in production already cause they announced it .."

"Lol man they started teasing this game way too early if they are entering production now"

"And Grubb said it's in a very good shape and aiming to release next year. What's in a "good shape" there? Some preproduction prototypes?"

smfh. The next time any of you question why I post as much as I do, understand its cause I fucking read as much as I do.

You read a fucking headline to a thread, ignored the actual context of the link DIRECLTY from the team and started to comment.

Here is a small snippet from the link folks.

"For the next Dragon Age, we are right in the middle of Production"

No where does it even remotely state "has entered" even fucking once, the title of this thread btw simply needs to be "Dragon Age 4 in the middle of production" .

Whelp, count me as one is the turds who didn't bother digging deeper. The title literally made no sense given that they've talked about this game before including the narrative beats (re:SOLAS) they would be covering. Wasn't there also a teaser?

zeorhymer

Writers for DA4 has experience with previous Bioware games. I'd give them a cautiously optimistic outlook. As long as they don't pad it out like DA:I, it'll be fine.

Doom85

I know in the 100+ hours I played Inquisition, there was a 20 second conversation where my MC got a supporting character’s gender wrong (as they were transgender), the MC apologized, and the other character didn’t make a big deal about it. Oh…no?

Yeah, I don’t see why this is a big deal either. A massive, lengthy game and some people focus heavily on stuff that didn’t even take 0.1% of the playtime. And no, I’m not counting three of the party members being LGBT. Obviously romancing a companion is an element of gameplay so, big shock, they tried to give players options. Honestly I was more upset you couldn’t fully romance the dwarf scout Harding, she was cute, but Josephine was a decent second option.

EDMIX

I know in the 100+ hours I played Inquisition, there was a 20 second conversation where my MC got a supporting character’s gender wrong (as they were transgender), the MC apologized, and the other character didn’t make a big deal about it. Oh…no?

Yeah, I don’t see why this is a big deal either. A massive, lengthy game and some people focus heavily on stuff that didn’t even take 0.1% of the playtime. And no, I’m not counting three of the party members being LGBT. Obviously romancing a companion is an element of gameplay so, big shock, they tried to give players options. Honestly I was more upset you couldn’t fully romance the dwarf scout Harding, she was cute, but Josephine was a decent second option.

Agreed.

Thats how I see a lot of this.

Merely existing is not a fucking agenda lol.

Whats even more sad, is I've heard that argument by SJW THEMSELVES, they made some argument about Uncharted and a bunch of games with white males as the characters and made it seem as if some deep, dark conspiracy MUST be taking place when none of the fucking games they even brought up factor such a thing, nothing in the game's topic is about said demographic and most can't even prove some world domination tinfoil conspiracy. This here is no different.

So in the universe of Dragon Age, I'd assume factions exist, different races exist, differences even within races exist ie Dark Elf or something or yes....different genders, why the fuck would their world not have gay people? lol That would be if anything more strange and odd, it would be like me making a RPG and be like "oh yea the world here has no females" and not actually focus the story on such a wild concept, even a scifi with such a world would likely make that concept the main idea or something sorta like Children Of Men or something. Either way, I grow tired of such low hanging fruit trigger bait type shit where people get upset at shit that doesn't really make that much sense to get upset at....

Even in a crazy fantasy game, I assume different factions exist, religions, regions, beliefs and ideals regarding governing, races and yes, different genders. Being fantasy doesn't automatically mean zero concepts from the real world would be in the game, that would be like saying something fucking stupid like why doesn't grass, or the sun or the moon exist in this game and be like "its Da FnSastyz" as an excuse. Existing in a game doesn't automatically lean towards one idea being favored or the other, unless some dumbass is going to argue all developers have an agenda to support and push for murder or something lol

Y0ssarian

Banned
Inquisition was one of my games of the year. I wonder what kind of gameplay we will get from DA4. If they're not going back to Origins combat they should do what final Fantasy XVI is doing and make the combat like a character action game like nier automata

Last edited:
Top Bottom