• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 edition coming October 3rd in the West for $29.99

Baalzebup

One of my favorite moments involved having a friend's level 95 pawn, which made the game a tiny bit easier (I think there's some scaling going on). So there I was, traipsing around at like... level 20 or 30, when I stumble across a dragon. This was the first dragon I had stumbled across in the wild, and I was eager to take it on. Its level wasn't that much higher than mine, so I charged headfirst into the foray...

Only to learn that dragons can mind control your pawns.

...and... that having a level 95 mind controlled pawn wiping your party is one of the most "wow, that escalated quickly" moments in a game. I did not expect her to utterly and totally demolish my party so ruthlessly.

We all died and I reloaded my last save and we avoided the crap out of dragons after that.
There is an amusing video out there, with the Drake possessing a Sorcerer just a bit before it dies. The player kind of misses that happening and his other pawns were either dead or just were equally distracted. Either way, the Sorcerer then proceeds to wipe the rest of the party with a Maelstrom. A short lived victory indeed.

sublimit

Banned
I'm not really into Collector's Editions anymore but i really wish they did one for this release since DD is one of my favorite games of all time.Even a steelbook would have been great.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
There is an amusing video out there, with the Drake possessing a Sorcerer just a bit before it dies. The player kind of misses that happening and his other pawns were either dead or just were equally distracted. Either way, the Sorcerer then proceeds to wipe the rest of the party with a Maelstrom. A short lived victory indeed.

Do you have a link to that vid perchance?

zMiiChy-

Banned
Does anyone know what is up with the Amazon preorder page?

It says the game is releasing on October 31st, and there is no image.

You can predorder the game now for $25, but I don't want up getting the game nearly a month later.

Gradon

Does anyone know what is up with the Amazon preorder page?

It says the game is releasing on October 31st, and there is no image.

You can predorder the game now for $25, but I don't want up getting the game nearly a month later.

Probably placeholder ATM, I guess they'll update it when Capcom gives them the full deets

Evilisk

This thread is reminding me that I should finish Dark Arisen (I've been stuck on that
mega beholder
in BBI blocking my progress)

STEP#1

Buy Dragons Dogma

STEP#2

Start Dragons Dogma

STEP#3

Meet Rook
psRJGfZ.jpg

STEP#4

giphy.gif

I totally did this, except it was the Dragon's Dogma demo that I played first and not the full game

Actually, in my most recent playthrough, I was still using Rook up until the Griffin quest. He's still useful for his fire buff, he does get outclassed really quick though.

The song that replaced it in Dark Arisen​ was better anyways.

As someone that only just got Dark Arisen last month, after years of having vanilla DD

I completely agree

One of my favorite moments involved having a friend's level 95 pawn, which made the game a tiny bit easier (I think there's some scaling going on). So there I was, traipsing around at like... level 20 or 30, when I stumble across a dragon. This was the first dragon I had stumbled across in the wild, and I was eager to take it on. Its level wasn't that much higher than mine, so I charged headfirst into the foray...

Only to learn that dragons can mind control your pawns.

...and... that having a level 95 mind controlled pawn wiping your party is one of the most "wow, that escalated quickly" moments in a game. I did not expect her to utterly and totally demolish my party so ruthlessly.

We all died and I reloaded my last save and we avoided the crap out of dragons after that.

Man, I don't have any interesting stories other than

-Stupidly playing through most of the game with only TWO pawns on my first playthrough (I misread "you can only bring two other pawns")

-Also not realizing you could use Hundred Kisses while climbing on monsters until I got to
Grigori
(also during my first playthrough).

Ascenion

I will only buy this if the original main menu music is restored. The wind NEEDS to push me into the current again....

Baalzebup

Do you have a link to that vid perchance?
I was going to say I wish I did, since that was ages ago, but then I remembered to check my bookmarks as I had remembered to secure them when I last updated my whole rig, and lo and behold, here it is.

You can see the sorc pawn at the left, behind the drake at around the 00:10 mark, already in the middle of casting the Maelstrom.

Itsuki

Definitely getting this. I got the plat of the PS3 version and I never got tired of the game.
Hopefully it sells enough for a sequel. Too bad that the online game is IP locked, otherwise I would be playing it along with FFXIV.

jahasaja

You people are making this game sound ridiculously dynamic, almost to the point where I'm skeptical. Talking about grabbing arms, climbing on ogres, romancing any NPC and crazy shit like that.

I have a pre-order on it for £16, feel like I'm getting a good deal here!

It is one of those games that feels like the way , I think, a lot of us wanted game development to go.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I was going to say I wish I did, since that was ages ago, but then I remembered to check my bookmarks as I had remembered to secure them when I last updated my whole rig, and lo and behold, here it is.

You can see the sorc pawn at the left, behind the drake at around the 00:10 mark, already in the middle of casting the Maelstrom.

Haha, nice. Thanks for digging it up!

The Sin Set from Bitterblack Isle is arguably close enough (which I imagine is on purpose) to Gut's berserker armor.

The funny thing about Dragons Dogma is that by the end game, mixing and matching several parts from different sets is far more effective stats wise than keeping a single set, so you can easily end up looking like more of a traveling merchant than like an actual protagonist.

Some of my favorite moments in games period.

Thanks for this. I decided not to go with this, instead I'll be buying the ps3 version today on my way back from work. Can't wait for the ps4 version, I want to play it now.

banderas.png
Good Lord, this game is freaking amazing, I spent 12 hours straight playing the PS3 version on Saturday for the first time. Why the heck did I sleep on it?...now I kinda regret being impatient and not waiting for the PS4 version.
I hope the xbox-ps4 version is 30 fps.

Top Bottom