• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 edition coming October 3rd in the West for $29.99

An-Det

I don't have it in me to 100% the game a fourth time (I've platinumed on the 360, PS3, and steam, easily over 200 hours all told), but I'm really glad the updated version is hitting consoles for people to experience. It's not perfect, but it's so good and more people should try it out.

Dabanton

I stopped playing the 360 version 3 hours in, as I was hoping they'd announce a 'remaster'. It's taken 2 years but it's so close now.

They probably didn't, I know I really like the original theme as well.

"The Wind is Pushing Meeeeeee!"

It's the most pumped I've ever gotten before starting a game. Coils of Light isn't bad, but it's a pale candle to the fire that is 'Into Free'.

RIP, you will never be forgotten.

KodaRuss

Great price, I think I am going to pick this up after hearing how much everyone likes the game. I only tried the demo but it didnt grab me. Ill give it another shot for $30

Really happy to have a release date and it's the day before my birthday too yay! ^_^

Love the game and have played both the original and Dark Arisen rerelease and super excited to play it again for the PS4.

Hustler

Do you need to have played the first game in order to get the story of this one? Never played Dragon's Dogma (even though I have the PS3 ps+ free copy).

Thanks!

Stealth Switch request......

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do you need to have played the first game in order to get the story of this one? Never played Dragon's Dogma (even though I have the PS3 ps+ free copy).

Thanks!

Stealth Switch request......

Dark Arisen is more of an expansion than a sequel, and it includes the first game.

Oneself

The emphasis on resolution leads me to believe performance will be shit. Let's hope I'm wrong and it will be 60fps.

Raven117

Gold Member
Give me a new one capcom.

You were on to something here and if you just refined the formula, it be Yuuuuge.

STEP#1

Buy Dragons Dogma

STEP#2

Start Dragons Dogma

STEP#3

Meet Rook
psRJGfZ.jpg

STEP#4

giphy.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
Could only get half a dozen hours at most into the PS3 version because of it's horrible framerate and resolution, played it on PC day-one and it was so glorious. Anyone on the fence who enjoys arcade combat and open-world RPG settings owes it to themselves to play this game.

Kuraudo

Banned
Niiiice, but Capcom's digital games drop too quickly for me to justify buying this day one. If there's a physical in Europe I'll probably get it, otherwise I'll hold off a bit.

Gradon

If that translates as £20 or £25 here I will probably be in on day one. I have already bought the game twice though so probably won't spend more than that.

Any word on a higher framerate? I'd love it if they made it 60fps.

£16 on Shopto at the moment, don't know if it'll increase in price anytime soon but I'd jump on that pre order.

DxD

Banned
I have too many copies of it already.

Need additional contents on console and cheaper since PC+mods is too hard to beat due to better looking people and texture.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Umm .. can someone who had the PC version tell me how the version handled ferry stones ?

I remember if you had the original DD, you can import that save to Dark Arisen on PS3/360 to get the infinite ferry stone which makes general traversal a lot more convenient. You could get regular ferry stones but I remember they were fairly expensive.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Disclaimer: this is not actually port-begging, as I've already bought and played the game to completion on PC and probably wouldn't buy it again (unless it's super cheap and I can transfer my Steam save but come on).

With that said, if there is one 'test' I wish Capcom gave Switch owners after the success of USF2, it's Dragon's Dogma...

Back on-topic: I guess this confirms one more that there is no PC rerelease, or that it's exactly the same as the current Steam version?

Can I use my PS3 save? I left the game halfway through and not interested in starting from scratch. I hope we can use our older saves.

David___

Banned
Umm .. can someone who had the PC version tell me how the version handled ferry stones ?

I remember if you had the original DD, you can import that save to Dark Arisen on PS3/360 to get the infinite ferry stone which makes general traversal a lot more convenient. You could get regular ferry stones but I remember they were fairly expensive.

PC version uses the same way as Dark Arisen, but it was given to you earlier iirc

Svejk

Am I really gonna triple dip to support a DD2?
I feel ya. If it guaranteed DD2, I'd buy several copies.
Can I use my PS3 save? I left the game halfway through and not interested in starting from scratch. I hope we can use our older saves.
Holy crap would that be awesome!! I had easily around 200 hours on the PS3 version.. Never finished BBI though, so I'd like to pick up from there.

cakely

Have you ever bought a game three times without actually playing it?

This is going to be another one of those times for me. Hopefully I'll actually play it this time.

$30 is a solid price.

EDIT: Oh, $24 on Amazon? That's more than solid, that's bought.

STEP#1

Buy Dragons Dogma

STEP#2

Start Dragons Dogma

STEP#3

Meet Rook
psRJGfZ.jpg

STEP#4

giphy.gif

This is absolutely true. But actually I recommend everyone throw all of their pawns off a cliff for a while at the beginning of the game. It will help you understand the combat a lot better if you spend some time fighting alone. With all of the pawns ganging up on enemies with you things can get a bit chaotic and enemies might die before you have a chance to explore combat. Once you get used to comboing and using your abilities you can add pawns back in.

A good place to do this is in the prologue.

Top Bottom